DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a big snow storm here in Denver. I'm not getting any satellite. I did a test on the switch and Ports 1,2 &3 on both Satellite inputs say 'Good Connection' but 'no signal'. What precisely is this complaining about? The dish hasn't physically moved.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once I cleared a path on the deck to the dish, I noticed snow hanging 2 feet over the eves from the roof. Knocked that away and all is now good.
However, I do have a question. When the 622 was stuck in the acquiring mode, I couldn't get to OTA no matter what I tried. How can one cancel or bypass the acquiring mode to watch OTA. I could watch shows on the DVR but as soon as I left them, I was right back to the acquiring mode.

badwilly said:
We had a big snow storm here in Denver. I'm not getting any satellite. I did a test on the switch and Ports 1,2 &3 on both Satellite inputs say 'Good Connection' but 'no signal'. What precisely is this complaining about? The dish hasn't physically moved.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
I believe the 622 has to see a signal from the SAT before it will let you use OTA. Unlike the 921, You can not use the 622 as a stand alone OTA receiver if my memory serves me correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.