DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

im paying for my grand mothers Dish Network on 118.7W in a 722 receiver for her to watch international channels.
Recently moved to a smaller townhome where they don't allow dishes larger than 28" so the signal on 118.7W is weak and when weather is raining or snowing it's gone.
So I wanted to get her dish anywhere so she can watch it on her laptop or iPad when it's down but Dishnetwork wants me to upgrade to a hopper and a more expensive package for the same channels :/

So I'm wondering if I can get the Sling Media SB700-100 addon to get her dish anywhere or is there a cheaper solution? Maybe buy a refurbished receive.

Thank you

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
This is the message I get when I try watching dish anywhere
You need a Hopper w/Sling or Hopper 3 to have access to DISH Anywhere service.

You should call DISH and find out if they can flag the account to deliver the international channels via DISH Anywhere or some other streaming method.

OTARD makes it very, very difficult to deny a dish smaller than 1 meter -- especially given that the townhouses allow other dishes.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Hello,

im paying for my grand mothers Dish Network on 118.7W in a 722 receiver for her to watch international channels.
Recently moved to a smaller townhome where they don't allow dishes larger than 28" so the signal on 118.7W is weak and when weather is raining or snowing it's gone.
So I wanted to get her dish anywhere so she can watch it on her laptop or iPad when it's down but Dishnetwork wants me to upgrade to a hopper and a more expensive package for the same channels :/

So I'm wondering if I can get the Sling Media SB700-100 addon to get her dish anywhere or is there a cheaper solution? Maybe buy a refurbished receive.

Thank you
If you want Dish Anywhere, as I have the Vip211k. I just got a Fire stick. It is available as an app on the stick, no extra change as it is available with anyone who has Dish. I like my old 211k, and did not want to switch. We have high spreed out here anyway. The Firestick works great with Dish Anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want Dish Anywhere, as I have the Vip211k. I just got a Fire stick. It is available as an app on the stick, no extra change as it is available with anyone who has Dish. I like my old 211k, and did not want to switch. We have high spreed out here anyway. The Firestick works great with Dish Anywhere.
I tried with a fire stick, iPad and iPhone. There are only 2 channels available when you click streaming

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
OTARD allow up to 1m or 39.37" for each dish if it necessary for your sub - they are fooling you !!!
They can certainly make you sign a paper that limits you to 28" but they can't easily defend it if you push back. You have to work to change the rule as blatantly violating it will only serve to put you in breach of contract.

An eviction notice is a useful tool for the Townhomes to make their point.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
Two channels available? I have AT250, Supers, & Movie Pack. I get tons of channels on Demand inc Epix, TCM, and so on.
It may be possible that you've been grandfathered into the DA feature and new users must have a modern Slingloaded device as a dance card.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
I would recommend to read Darth Vader's thread ,how he did fight with HOA for his dish antenna. People posted there a lot of useful info...
Lots of useful information, but as I pointed out, the policy had to be changed before there was any relief. You can't just throw up an DISH 1000+ and wag your finger at them.

Obviously the HOA has it in for DIRECTV since theirs is the only conventional dish larger than 28".

Speaking of which, if the TS sees any DIRECTV Slimline dishes, they are even larger than the DISH 1000+

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
There are still a few dozen channels on 118.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

Thank you
You did not say what channels she watches but if she going to stream off of your Dish network "via dish anywhere", have you considered Sling TV international packages. Sling is owned By Dish Network and all she needs is internet access.

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
There are also some SVOD international channels so the specific package probably makes a difference.
Not affected by the low signal being received by the subscriber.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
Not affected by the low signal being received by the subscriber.
As an example of what I'm talking about:
DISH Hindi Mega said:
If you want more Desi content, take advantage of an internet-connected Hopper receiver powered by DISH and enjoy more than 20 bonus channels and 90+ Bollywood movies added to your subscription at no extra cost to you!
The "internet-connnected" element of this suggests that the content streaming only and not a backup to any satellite channel.

If there are backups to the satellite channels, perhaps there's a streaming option or maybe DISH Anywhere if not a formal streaming package.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts