DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 3 lnb directv dish installed but I'm only receiving a signal on the even numbered transponders (cept for the #4 one) from the 101 satellite. All the odd numbered transponders come up as zero and all the evens sans #4 read a signal strength over 90.

I've got two cables running to my Hughes standard def. tivo dvr and both cables are confirmed as good.

Is my dish not properly aligned? Could something be wrong with the 4 port lnb on the dish? Do I need to run 4 cables from the dish to my WB68 multiswitch? I just want the 101 so I don't think I need a multiswitch since I only want the 101 satellite.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Transponder #4 is a spotbeam. So that one can be 0 and unrelated to your issue.

Looks like the 13v side of the signal is gone. You sure you're getting this on both tuners?
If so it might be a LNB problem.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, both tuners give 90s on all the even numbered transponders and zip on the odds. Switched the cables on the receiver and same results.

Maybe I should try using different outputs from the lnb on the dish?

· Legend
109 Posts
How many receivers do you have? Is it happening in the other rooms? Is there a switch between the dish and the receivers? ( I think you said you had a 6x8)

If you have a switch: By pass the switch with a barrel connector and see if that solves the problem. Plug in your TiVo straight into your dish. Then try it with other rooms. Of course, if you get all transponders, then its the switch.

If you have a bad LNB, then the problem should duplicate across all the receivers.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup I tried using my WB68 6x8 multiswitch, tried the barrel connector and plugged it straight into both receivers. No matter what the combination is with different cables, the result is always the same. Even transponders ok, odds nothing.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is the other 2 ports off the lnb.

· Cool Member
16 Posts
I had this same issue with one of the two cables going up to the second floor. On my R10, one of the tuners could only get the even transponders. I swapped the cables and now it was the other tuner. I even took out the multiswitch and connected both cables directly to the dish and still had the same problem. When the installer came to do the "MOVERS CONNECTION program" he got both cables to show the odd and even transponders. So maybe it's the connectors.

Edit: kauf2938 stoled my thunder. :)

hauf2938 said:
Also check all the fittings.

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
kauf2938 said:
Could be bad cable also. Check the cable and make sure theres not a staple or something stuck in it.

Also check all the fittings.
I agree, I have seen this with one bad connector. try patching past cable runs with another cable to find the bad one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.