DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an R15 since they came out, and really it has been working great ever since.

About a week or 2 ago I noticed I could never rewind the program I was watching live, so someone posted to do a reset which I did and it was working like normal.

Now, I was having the rewind problem again last nite. So I did another reset now the unit does not come back up.

I get the restarting message and the almost there message, then a black screen, then a green screen, then the starting message, then the almost there message and nothing. It just sits there with the power button lit up everything else is off led wise.

Any ideas? A format would not be prefered since there is a program on there I would not want to lose.

Oh... It is a R13-500 10E8

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hdfan01 said:
I see from your # of posts you're no novice, but all I can think of before calling D* is a power off for several minutes. Good luck.
Tried that also. Same result as the red button reset.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Green screen? Strange. Maybe try to force a software download (02468). Perhaps the EEPROM flipped a bit.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wolffpack said:
Green screen? Strange. Maybe try to force a software download (02468). Perhaps the EEPROM flipped a bit.
Can you note the procedure?

I have never forced a download before.

·
Legend
108 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Can you note the procedure?

I have never forced a download before.
restart your DVR, and then when the welcome screen comes up, hit 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote. Do it just once and enter nothing else.

Give it a couple of minutes and you should get a screen saying that it's downloading new software.

Hope that works for you.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Will it download the firmware even if what is on it is the newest?
It will download whatever is the latest in the stream. If the EEPROM is corrupt in some way, this should fix it. Otherwise your looking at a reformat.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope. Did not fix it.

Tried OS download and several resets and nothing.

Now I will try a reformat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.