DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
18 Posts
ceon said:
hi,
I am try to become a installer with directv any tips or hints any thing will help me I am from Georgia.
Your best bet if you have no experience is to get with DirecTV or Dish Network directly and get some good training. I personally think Dish does better training and may pay a little better. (IMHO they have a better product too.) This way you don't have to invest a lot in tools, etc. while you are learning. When I started, I was given 3 days training by a retailer and then thrown to the wolves. I made a lot of mistakes until I figured out what was going on. Learn all you can, build up your own inventory of tools and materials and leave them as soon as you can so you can diversify and make some real money as an independent contractor for several companies. I believe diversification is the key. Learn DTV, Dish, HughesNet, Wildblue, FTA, ka/ku. It's also becoming more and more important to become competent with home networking and home theater if you really want to make a career of this. Good luck!

· Mentor
55 Posts
If there is an (owned and operated) directv site go there first. Then you don't need any training or tools to start. I work for an o and o here in Colorado Springs colorado, and its great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.