DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out. I know this has been talked about before but I cannot find it.

I have a Model 5000 and a Model 4900 receiver
I am using a SW 64 to connect the Dish 500 + a dual LNB aimed at 61.5

How can I add to this a dual lnb aimed at 148?

I want to be able to see all 4 sat. slots

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
garydw:confused:

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I dont have the list in front of me of which recievers can support all 4 locattions, but take a look on your signal strength screen, you you see an option for the 129 degree location your reciever can handle 4 locations. If not then your out of luck...

·
Icon
955 Posts
Gary,

1st verify that you have LOS for 148. In Tennessee you are going to be near the edge of the footprint & any obstruction to the SW might mean your SOL. So check your AZ/EL & make sure. You could try pointing your 61.5 dish the other way, check 148 on the PD/S screen & see what you get.

If you know you have LOS, make sure both rcvrs have the latest SW & support 4 sats. You should see a box to "enable 129" on the PD/S screen. Check it.

Now, get your ins & outs on the SW-64 set up again for 119, 110 & 61.5. You probably want to run a new drop to the rcvr w/the power inserter because Output #1 (w/the PI) won't pass down the 4th sat.

Peak your 3rd dish on 148 & cascade the LNBF ports on it w/2 drops from the SW-64 (again, not #1) and SW-21 switches.

Run the switch test on both rcvrs. They should go thru 54 steps. If all is well the report will read "Installed Switch Model SW21 4-Sat" and the grids for 3A-2 & 3B-2 will be X'd out but the other grids will be OK.

Then you should be all set. If you subscribe to any ch's mirrored on both 61.5 & 148 they will be shown twice in the EPG & you won't be able to go "Ch up" or "Ch down" thru them but you can skip past them w/ the EPG or Browse.

Have fun.

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.