DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I have posted a question :eek2: so I kinda feel like "Mister Mom" dropping off the kids at school for the first time.

Maybe someone can help....

I switched to DirecTV 5 months ago and have had problems ever since. I am now on my 2nd HR 20 and still can't get things to work consistently.

Problems listed below.....
system freezes mulitlpe times per day
system resets on it's own multiple times per day
reset takes 2 minutes or 2 hours....
remote goes slow are not at all
can't get local HD channels under "local channels" in guide but I can under "All"

Is this normal?

Does anyone have these same problems?

Do I just have to lower my expectations?

What about a new card?

I have 4 other recievers in the house with DirecTV with no problems (but none have HD and DVR)

Thanks

·
Legend
179 Posts
Have you tried a complete reformat?

I was having constant resets and that fixed it.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
dave401k said:
This is the first time I have posted a question :eek2: so I kinda feel like "Mister Mom" dropping off the kids at school for the first time.

Maybe someone can help....

I switched to DirecTV 5 months ago and have had problems ever since. I am now on my 2nd HR 20 and still can't get things to work consistently.

Problems listed below.....
system freezes mulitlpe times per day
system resets on it's own multiple times per day
reset takes 2 minutes or 2 hours....
remote goes slow are not at all
can't get local HD channels under "local channels" in guide but I can under "All"
Is this normal?

Does anyone have these same problems?

Do I just have to lower my expectations?

What about a new card?

I have 4 other recievers in the house with DirecTV with no problems (but none have HD and DVR)

Thanks
:welcome_s to the forum.....

I would try the reformat as well. It also might help if you give a little more information as to what your set up is. There is plenty of help in this forum!

1) Do you have the 5 lnb dish.
2) Are you using HDMI to connect to TV; if so, brand and model of TV can help.
3) What version software are you running.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
dave401k said:
How do you do it?

Thanks
Head into your MENU>SETTINGS&INFO>SETUP>RESET>RESET EVERYTHING, you'll need to put in the dash to confirm and then you're on your way. You will lose everything, so be warned. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you are running software version 0xFA, rather then the current limited-release test version of 0x108, the software upgrade that will be coming in the next few weeks will also improve the stability of your unit. I was having problems, although not as bad as yours, with 0xFA and I have not had the same issues since the (Santa) limited release of 0x108.

So, I would do that reformat, see where I am, and keep in mind that the future software fix would probably solve the problem.

FWIW, D* had offered to exchange my HR20 and I refused because I thought the problem was software-based. So far my guess is proving correct.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
My system freezes in the list command when I try to play a program after deleting. I have a Sony KDF-50E2000 that is connected with HDMI in and Optical out to receiver. I just have to unplug and wait a few minutes and I have everything back. The new upgrade this month 0x108 has installed and does seem to change anything in my system.....

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
pat8635 said:
The new upgrade this month 0x108 has installed and does seem to change anything in my system.....
And a hearty...:welcome_s to you too!!!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.