DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with dish hd install

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Pointhunter75 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to put up a dish hd dish at my camper which is in the middle of the woods. I got a free dish given to me. It has 2 lnbs, not 3 like mine at home. It'll be in 37376 zip code in Tennessee. I used an app and can see 110 119 129 great. The others are sketchy in the edge of trees. At home I'm on the 61.5 and the other 2 that go with it, with local hd, due to trees. I'd like to get local channels for college football for sure. I think I have to have3 lnbs for that. Not sure. I imagine locals are out of Chattanooga.
I'm thinking I need to order a 3 lnb for this. I ran an rg6 and it's about 200-250' to the only clearing. Will this be ok? I only want 1 coax from the dish. I'm wanting to order a used 222k twin tuner and have 2 tv's in the camper. 1 hd 1standard. I Need to know exactly what switches and lnb I need to get for this. It's 2.5hours drive from me and I'm only there on weekends with zero phone signal for internet. Critical that I get the correct things ordered asap so I have them by Friday evening when I head out. I'm gonna get it on the proper pole And correctly installed. In the pic I was Just trying to get a signal and making do with What I had there.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Grey
Plant Grass Gas Groundcover Circle
Plant Grass Gas Soil Groundcover
. Thanks for any help!!! This is the lnb I got given to me.

See less See more
#6 ·
Assuming that your picture is a 1000.2 dish, and that is an EASTERN ARC 1000.2 LNB, you should be OK IF you can see 61.5 and 72.7 LNBs, AND your camper can see the same spotbeam as your home location. Since you have to drive 150 miles (approx) to your camper, this may not be the case. 77 on the Eastern Arc is used mostly for SD versions of the cable channels, although there were some locals that needed that in the past.

The other thing that might work is getting a Western Arc 1000.2 LNB (Western arc = 129,119, and 110).

www.dishpointer.com can tell you where to aim your camper dish to.

#7 ·
61.5 is in the trees up there. I'm gonna need to get a wa and do 110 119 and129. Now to the switch and coax question please. 200 to 250' ok? Do I just need a dp separator at the rear of the vip222k or 211k or whatever I order?? How will the extra fees be? $7 for the1extra receiver?

#17 ·
I did see it mentioned in one of his posts last night. I'm just gonna take my722k from home for now. Since I have the eatern arc at home and have to use western at the camper it'll itself out when I connect to the dish correct? Will it flag my account that it's using a different dish setup?

#22 ·
$10 dual tuner receiver fee.

With the DPP Separator, you only need 1 cable going from the LNB to the 722 / 222 separator.

For 250 feet - you may want to consider using RG11 instead of just RG6 cable for most of the length. Using the RG6 inside the camper would be fine.

And yes - if you are carrying a receiver between the sites, you have to do a Check switch when you change the dish setup. Menu, 6, 1, 1 then choose "Check Switch". No external switches are required.

"Joy Jeff Wright" are not completely up to date on how Dish works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.