DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a D* customer since 2004. Always premier package, always paid bill on time. These days the bill is getting pretty large ($150/mo for four HD-DVRs). I'm about to move to a new city, and was going to call D* and try and get them to lower my monthly.

In the past I've called retention and have always been able to get them to give me some discounts. It's been a couple years since I've done that though.

Anyway, I'm no longer under contract, and I see them offering some pretty great pricing on the Premier package (plus whole-home, plus receivers) for far less than I am paying (like $50/mo less for an entire year). Is it possible to get D* to come close to those offerings... or is it better to just sign up for a new account in my wife's name?

I currently have 3xhr21 and 1xhr22... will they upgrade any of those to new DVRs for free? When you do the move, do they install the whole-home stuff for free? If I do cancel and resign, is it possible to keep and reactivate those under the new contract, or do they take those back when you cancel?

Thanks for any help!

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Just talked to a CSR. They actually came pretty close to current deals, offering to cut ~$50/mo for a year, bringing it pretty close to current prices.

They also offered whole-home install, and free HD-DVR. Unfortunately no hr34... which I really want. I'd be fine waiting for it if they could pre-bill me at $99 upgrade now... but they cannot do that. The did offer $100 credit if I purchased it elsewhere, but that is a tough pill to swallow when i can get it for $100 by signing up for a new contract. Tough decision.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shades228 said:
HR34 will not be $99 for existing customers when it becomes available to order in February.
No, probably not, but considering i can get one now at $99 by opening a new account, that's what I was hoping for. Considering they are willing to give me a $200 HDDVR for free, I was hoping they would at least give me a $200 credit toward buying the hr34 elsewhere. Matching the $300 off for new customers would have been even better.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He offered. I've been a long loyal customer, never missed a bill, and really haven't called in to have my bill lowered in some time. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. My friend also just moved, and he got whole-home for free as well, again, without even asking.

Just explain that if you started a new account at the new house, under your wife's name, you could get a much better deal, and you'd like them to at least come close to that deal.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke to retention. In the end they took off $41 for 12 months (including the HD $10 off for billpay for 2 years) and an additional $15 off for 6 months. They also gave me a $200 credit if I buy the hr34 from a retailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.