DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've got 2 HR20s networked (but no phone line). Network / Internet tests run successfully, and I can download "on demand" content all day long. The problem is with PPVs. Any time I try to order one, I get a "check your phone line or internet connection" message.

Both HR20s are going through a Linksys router. Assuming all is working properly with the HR20s, I would guess the router is blocking communications between the HR20 and DirecTV (only for PPVs).

Is there a port that needs to be opened up or forwarded for the HR20s to work properly through a router?

· Legend
163 Posts
same thing happened to me. i had to call 3 times. finally one of the csr's noticed that a flag was not checked on my account. I think it was called interactive ppv flag or something like that. The message went away after they corrected that.
Although all 3 csr's told me that you cannot order ppv through the internet even though you can. I think that they must not want you to do it for some reason and use the phone line?

· AllStar
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mickcris said:
same thing happened to me. i had to call 3 times. finally one of the csr's noticed that a flag was not checked on my account. I think it was called interactive ppv flag or something like that. The message went away after they corrected that.
Although all 3 csr's told me that you cannot order ppv through the internet even though you can. I think that they must not want you to do it for some reason and use the phone line?
Thank you for your reply. I mentioned the interactive ppv flag, and the CSR knew what I was talking about but did not want to enable it since I didn't have a phone line. I explained to him how the HR20 worked through the network. After 20 minutes of politely but firmly stating my case to him and his supervisor, he finally turned it on. He also put a lengthy note on my account (for some reason) and indicated he would check on it later to make sure my PPVs were properly charged... :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the help. This definitely did the trick!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.