DBSTalk Forum banner

Help With Rv Installation

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jodean 
#1 ·
Ok now i need some help with an RV ssetup i have a customer who has a tracvision dome dish he upgraded his receiver and now cant get any signal. now i have no experience in this field as i am trying to find training so i can start doing these installs and repairs so if anyone can help me with this any links software i would greatly appreciate it.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
i gues my question is how do even setup the dish do i need software and a laptop to setup the dish because when i hookup the cable to the reciever all the dish does is spin looking for a satellite.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
BobStokesbary said:
I would strongly suggest you go here first. Click on the "Manuals" tab and you will find the installation and user guide manuals for this dome. You should find the information you want there. The dome setups are usually independent of the receiver setups, other than having to define the dish type in the receiver setup. Since you say the sat dish just seems to keep going it is not finding what it is looking for in its internal setup. That needs to be complete before the receiver setup.

And, just so you know they are only touting this dish for HD on the DISH network. The kvh site only mentions SD reception for DirecTV signals.

It seems that this dome was really intended for a DISH setup, not a DIRECTV setup.
wow good info thank you i really appreciate it thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.