DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

· Legend
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, DirecTV seems to be entering a dispute with Fox as the current agreement ends at 12 AM PT on December 2. this means a blackout will happen when a new deal isn't reached by Fox and DirecTV which means no World Cup (unless you are fluent in Spanish and have to watch Telemundo's coverage of it), no NFL on Fox, No Pac-12 Championship game, no WWE Friday Night SmackDown, no Fox (in markets in which Fox owns the station), no FS1 or FS2, no Fox Business and No Fox News or any other network owned by "New Fox".

Fox Corp. Warns Viewers Of Its Networks About Potential DirecTV Blackout; Pay-TV Operator Decries “Scare Tactics”

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

· Godfather
1,020 Posts
well, DirecTV seems to be entering a dispute with Fox as the current agreement ends at 12 AM PT on December 2. this means a blackout will happen when a new deal isn't reached by Fox and DirecTV which means no World Cup (unless you are fluent in Spanish and have to watch Telemundo's coverage of it), no NFL on Fox, No Pac-12 Championship game, no WWE Friday Night SmackDown, no Fox (in markets in which Fox owns the station), no FS1 or FS2, no Fox Business and No Fox News or any other network owned by "New Fox".

Fox Corp. Warns Viewers Of Its Networks About Potential DirecTV Blackout; Pay-TV Operator Decries “Scare Tactics”

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

This means a blackout will happen IF a new deal isn't reached...
There, I fixed it for you.

BTW, AFAIK, Fox News and Fox Business are not part of this, though I wish they were.

· Legend
478 Posts
Kinda funny with all the hype and money paid from Fox to FIFA and now this. Fox kinda inflicts its own wounds here? Collage bowl games later in the month have far more impact for most sports viewers.

· Icon
2,263 Posts
Our Fox here is O&O, so we'll get affected. I have basic cable as a backup so, if worse comes to worse, I'll use that, but, I get the feeling they will settle. Too much for Fox to lose. And, how will the affect Sunday Ticket?

· Legend
478 Posts
Our Fox here is O&O, so we'll get affected. I have basic cable as a backup so, if worse comes to worse, I'll use that, but, I get the feeling they will settle. Too much for Fox to lose. And, how will the affect Sunday Ticket?
I dont see a problem with Sunday Ticket as its a contract between Fox and the NFL. How could they even pick and chose what STBs to turn off, and then the same with the moble app.

· Premium Member
4,078 Posts
Well it seems to me if you lose your local FOX that carries NFL games you would lose that game on the FOX local and because it was supposed to be on the FOX local it would not be on Sunday Ticket. Not sure how they would handle the rest of the FOX games on Sunday Ticket though.

· Legend
478 Posts
Well it seems to me if you lose your local FOX that carries NFL games you would lose that game on the FOX local and because it was supposed to be on the FOX local it would not be on Sunday Ticket. Not sure how they would handle the rest of the FOX games on Sunday Ticket though.
And you can still see and hear the game on the split screen. Yes much smaller but you can still get it.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Out of market games would be safe. Only the games where you need a local affiliate would be affected and then only on the stations owned by Fox. There are separate contracts in place for the various Fox affiliates not owned by Fox.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts