DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
In addition to the Pac 12 Championship game mentioned above, the Big 10 and MWC Championship games are on FOX too. Luckily I wont lose FOX.

I watch horse racing on FS2 all the time. Occasionally its on FS1 as well. But I found out a year ago the horse racing on FS2 or FS1 is also carried on free youtube and I watch it on there too.

· Registered
24 Posts
DirecTV is still good. The service has been declining steadily ever since ATT and TPG-Greed took over. To suck $$ out of the service more and more programming is streamed to prevent the user from using the DVR. Forcing us to watch commercials. The result has been watching less TV. I refuse to stream. I paid a small fortune for a great TV and sound system. Why do I want to pump poor quality video and a compressed sound stream through it? I don't watch on phone or computer. The 'system' is still where I do sports and movies. I miss the "news". I read a few blogs, search out articles based on current events and look for market information on the computer. I wish they would bring news back to DTV.
O'Reilly was the last one. Before that the Sheppard Smith guy had a current events show at the 7PM slot.
Anyway this round of greed is inconvenient. The next to go is the NFL. If the games are all streamed, I will miss those too. That is part of the problem with these negotiations. FOX is up with the NFL too. Buddy Bezos wants to stream NFL on Amazon Prime killing the NFL Season on DTV. Did you notice if you are a long term DTV customer all the games are free this year? The inconvenience to switch to antenna for FOX if DTV cannot negotiate will happen for the FiFaCup. After that I will not have time to look for what might be on antenna I might watch and with no DVR on antenna will not watch anyway. Streaming has killed movies as much as the woke has killed movies.

· Cool Member
31 Posts
This **** just gets old with DirecTV and Dish.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,539 Posts
My Fox is owned and operated by Sunbeam. However, last time there was a carriage dispute. I think we were blacked out?
Not in this case but in cases where the dispute is with a large station group (i.e. Sinclair, Nexstar), stations that are "managed" by the large group are often caught in the crossfire.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,539 Posts
I hope that DirecTV and Dish customers realize that they should be rooting for those services during a carriage dispute. The content providers want to get more money out of them and those increased costs will be passed on to their customers.
This has always been the case but only recently has it really started to cause pain for DIRECTV subscribers. DIRECTV hasn't sent anyone to testify before Congress yet either but they've benefitted mightily from Charlie speaking out.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
This is the crap that makes me mad. So they admit the ratings are declining yet they openly state they still want to remain aggressive. I LOVE TV and I watch a lot of FOX content but I am so sick of these greedy companies. When the ratings are up they don’t hesitate to use that as an argument for more money but when the ratings are down they just hold their hand out more anyways. Screw you. What the heck are you gonna do if people quit paying you and move to OTA? I’m sick of seeing TV stations say costs have gone up. Maybe you should manage your stations a little better especially if your ratings are declining. I’ll stand by DirecTV on this one and every one that follows. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Quit playing games with the customers being in the middle!

Font Number Rectangle Screenshot

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
This has always been the case but only recently has it really started to cause pain for DIRECTV subscribers. DIRECTV hasn't sent anyone to testify before Congress yet either but they've benefitted mightily from Charlie speaking out.
I would say you don’t know what you are talking about. DirecTV has had someone at congressional hearings multiple times. Especially about blackouts and DNS feeds. There were a lot of people there saying blackouts are not an issue even though we have a new record number of them darn near every year it seems.
One company there stated that it was okay to not pay music artists for their content they play on the radio but when it comes to TV it felt different.

same company felt that DirecTV should pay what ever it took to add locals in the last 12 markets that have issues like being triopolies among other things. The stations felt they had no obligation to provide signal to their own market but that DirecTV should build whatever was needed for those locals to get signal to DirecTV to send to customers. Didn’t offer the channels to DirecTV at a discount if they did that or anything else. Greed makes me sick and these channels just always hold out their hand when a contract renewal is up. The renewal rates should be more in line with what most Americans see as a raise increase each year which is 2-5%. Not 100-300% I have seen some ask for.

· Cool Member
82 Posts
Sunday Ticket has no part in this discussion.
Actually, it does. My Fox and CBS have become very strict about blackouts versus Sunday Ticket. So yes, we will lose up to two games a Sunday while this stupidity goes on yet again. You must watch whatever games are locally broadcast on the local channel. This is the best time of year for the NFL and shouldn't last long.

7 Posts
Well it seems to me if you lose your local FOX that carries NFL games you would lose that game on the FOX local and because it was supposed to be on the FOX local it would not be on Sunday Ticket. Not sure how they would handle the rest of the FOX games on Sunday Ticket though.
yes.. this.. theyre fighting with whoever owns fox in albany and ive been without fox for like 2 months. my team was blacked out on ST and i had no fox so i couldnt watch it.

21 - 40 of 117 Posts