DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just like clockwork...every January.
And why I am trying to get a better deal. Paying $42 right now and that is all what I think “TV” is worth for me.
If a deal can’t be made, will drop it.
No need with the streaming services I have. Only need ESPN and ballys sports.

I have ESPN + and will get Ballys App.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Mentor
589 Posts
Bally Sports is a garbage app. Tired to watch the Panthers game the other night and was frustrated with it on phone. On AppleTV it is worse. ESPN+ does not give you regular ESPN broadcasts.
What struggles are you encountering with the Bally Sports App? I've regularly used it on both an iPhone and Apple TV box device through baseball season, and didn't run into too many issues that were of major concern.

· Registered
573 Posts
What struggles are you encountering with the Bally Sports App? I've regularly used it on both an iPhone and Apple TV box device through baseball season, and didn't run into too many issues that were of major concern.
Starts with how often I have sign in through DTV. Bally's app seems to behind the times with no SSO. When watching on the game stream it is timed to end when the allotted timeframe of the game (usually 3 hours) and the stream just ends.

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bally Sports is a garbage app. Tired to watch the Panthers game the other night and was frustrated with it on phone. On AppleTV it is worse. ESPN+ does not give you regular ESPN broadcasts.
Bally's is crap. Stinks on appletv. But doable for me. OK, thought ESPN+ did.
Might just find something then part time.
D* is keeping my rate of $49 for my Ent. package so I am fine. My 1 yr of HBOMax is up and will see what they offer.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Starts with how often I have sign in through DTV. Bally's app seems to behind the times with no SSO. When watching on the game stream it is timed to end when the allotted timeframe of the game (usually 3 hours) and the stream just ends.
I've had that issue as well in accessing the Bally app using my DirecTV credentials. It's very annoying how often it forces me to authenticate.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,463 Posts
Paying $42 right now and that is all what I think “TV” is worth for me.
D* is keeping my rate of $49 for my Ent. package so I am fine.
Are you paying $42 or $49?

Remember that the new rate hasn't taken effect yet and the price will be $74.99 for mere mortals.

· Icon
3,690 Posts
$42 thats awsome lol

I think fubo and others raised their prices too

· Mentor
589 Posts
Ah, understood. The sign-on situation is an irritation and seems to pop up at inopportune times. I haven't encountered as many issues as you have with the Game Stream vs. Channel Stream issue, as most Cardinals games aren't relegated to an alternate Game Stream-only feed. But I hear what you're saying and there is room for improvement.

Reactions: hookemfins

· Cool Member
31 Posts
With each price increase and package change I've lost more and more channels that I normally watch. Since 1995 this has really gotten old in the past 10-15 years. One would think that 27+ years with Directv non-stop would afford a few perks. Seems the at&t buyout shafted most everyone and trashed DirecTV overall. In a rural area so options in 2023 are unfortunately still limited.

Reactions: gio12

· 1960'S NOSTALGIA
215 Posts
EPIX channels on DIRECTV just became MGM+ today, 01/15/2023.

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my $30 discount for choice is up after 1 year. Unlimited DVR up February.
This will put me at $110 a month for choice. Plus $12 to Xfinity for unlimited bandwidth, as directv stream uses a hell lot more than YTTV.
$110’for choice for a few channels I watch is a joke!

Be again DIRECTV.

Left Sat 2 years ago because it sucked and over priced. Stream was bad on launch. Did YTTV for a year and now DIRECTV stream for one year.
I out 24 yrs into DIRECTV/AT&T and done again.
Might not even need YTTV until football season, so we will see.

Was nice to have HBO Max for free until this may. But D Stream
Is OT worth $110 before taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,463 Posts
uhh why not cancel and re sign up? Choice is 99 a month with unlimited dvr included
The only reason not to do that would be lost DVR content that's only available for 9 months anyway. I think too many have programming commitments on the brain.

That said, the fine print does state that Unlimited DVR isn't available to those switching from DIRECTV or Uverse.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts