DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally watched the two hour premeire last night from the DVR, here are some random thoughts:

1) The writers stike last year really screwed me up, because of the short season and long gap I'm going to have to go back and refresh my memory on what happened to Nikki, Linderman and some of the other characters!

2) What scientist in his right mind injects himself with an untested syrum???

3) I can't wait to see how Ando acquires Sith Lightning powers!!

4) I thought the super-speed girl was Bob's daughter, was she introduced last year because I don't remember her?

5) Is Nathan crazy or is Linderman real and this is his power?

6) Who is the new painter, is it just the guy in Africa or is there another one in New York (the same picture is painted on the building where Suresh wakes up)?

7) That was one CRAZY twist at the end - should setup some very, very interesting conflicts!

I thought it was a good start and I'm looking forward to Monday night (for a change)!

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
1) When I saw Linderman I said "Wait - he's dead!"

2) Who does? obviously Dr. Mohinder "Jekyll" Suresh.

3) I'm guessing Ando will (might - has the future been changed) get an injection.

4) Bob's "daughter" was electro-girl. I can't remember super-speed girl.

5) Either Nathan's crazy or Linderman's personal definition of 'death' doesn't match the standard.

6) Your guess is as good as mine.

And, of course, is Nikki really Nikki or Tracey?

I think Peter has to go watch the Back To The Future trilogy and stop trying to mess around with time. Hiro has a better attitude for this.

· Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
djlong said:
1) When I saw Linderman I said "Wait - he's dead!"

I think Peter has to go watch the Back To The Future trilogy and stop trying to mess around with time. Hiro has a better attitude for this.
I said the exact same thing about Linderman, and then I started questioning if I remembered the end of last season correctly or not...

If Peter keeps bouncing back and forth changing stuff he's going to have a REALLY hard time keeping that string theory "map" accurate! :new_Eyecr

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
bobukcat said:
I said the exact same thing about Linderman, and then I started questioning if I remembered the end of last season correctly or not...

If Peter keeps bouncing back and forth changing stuff he's going to have a REALLY hard time keeping that string theory "map" accurate! :new_Eyecr
I'll make a suggestion for next year. Do what I do for the Cliffhangers, Save that last episode so you can review it before the new season starts.

Having said that I DVR'd Heroes and started watching it and said Huh? This doesn't even look good and didn't finish watching it.

Anyway, Cheers

· Registered
4,171 Posts
Linderman is definitly physically dead, DL killed him last year by phasing his fist into the back of Linderman's head. Whether Nathan is crazy or the 'ghostly' visibility is a new power I have no idea.

Speed Girl is a new character this year.

I was wondering how they were going to do the Heroes - Villains angle, I couldn't see that many of the heroes being really evil. The release of Level 5 takes care of that.

· Godfather
436 Posts
Way too much stuff going on.

Well the painting in NY could have been done by Peter, he absorbed that power.

There are just too many characters to keep straight. So much time from the last episode to this and I cannot remember how Parkman ended up in Africa.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
I will say that this episode (really two) just didn't feel right to me. Mohinder .. Huh? .. Hopefully it was just a tie up for last season and done quickly and we can get on to some real stuff. It was a good episode, but it certainly didn't hit me with the Wow factor that some of the episodes have. I expected more for a premier that was nearly a year in coming.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mohinder scenario is a way for Maya to have a purpose this season. If anyone bought the DVD/Blu ray 2nd season set, they included some already filmed stuff that was dropped due to the writers' strike last year.

Originally, the vial was going to break and the virus go airborne... several episodes about that, and ultimately Maya would save the day by using her "death" power to cure the virus by taking it into herself the way she does her own disease. No idea if she would have died doing this or survived for this season.

But, the writers' strike forced them to wrap some things early... so they abandoned the virus arc so as not leave that hanging during the hiatus. As a result, all the build-up last year for Maya was rendered moot... so I'm guessing Mohinder's situation will be one that she ends up playing a part in fixing somehow.

· Godfather
314 Posts
Doug Brott said:
I will say that this episode (really two) just didn't feel right to me. Mohinder .. Huh? .. Hopefully it was just a tie up for last season and done quickly and we can get on to some real stuff. It was a good episode, but it certainly didn't hit me with the Wow factor that some of the episodes have. I expected more for a premier that was nearly a year in coming.
No WOW here either. I agree with one poster there are toooo many heroes and too much back and forth with each one. I do love that Niki or whatever her personality is now a days.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
I enjoyed it, especially the twist that Gabriel is Mama P's son (making him Nathan's and Petey's bro!), but can someone remind me why Future Peter has a scar that he couldn't heal? He has Claire's ability, so why does he have that scar?

· Icon
748 Posts
Drew2k said:
but can someone remind me why Future Peter has a scar that he couldn't heal? He has Claire's ability, so why does he have that scar?
So we can tell he's the future Peter if now Peter ever gets out of Jesse's body.:D

· Registered
5,670 Posts
I liked the episode, but even for 2 hours, some things seemed rushed/forced and there were too many people acting out of character. I guess some of this could be explained by future Peter's intervention, but that just seems like the easy way out.

· Passed away April 24, 2010
608 Posts
My only real problem with the episode was how much they crammed into the 2 hours.

At the "party" beforehand they were saying that anybody could just "jump in" and didn't need to worry about missing the last 2 seasons. I didn't think that was quite accurate. I've been with it since the beginning and even I was having trouble placing who was doing what to whom and why.

That said, it was still good to have Heroes back. As convoluted as it can be, it is still a fun show.

· Legend
265 Posts
I must say I was disappointed with the premier. The whole "Save the Cheerleader. Save the World" saying has no meaning now. Season 1 & 2 was about Clair running from Silar who wanted to kill her and take her powers. Now when he finally catches her, we learn she cannot be killed?! I guess the writers decided to go a different direction.

I was also disappointed with Level 5 villians. We were told that Silar was kept in Level 2. The higher the number of levels, the worse the power. Did it appear that any of the villians in Level 5 were even close to being as powerful as Silar? Let down in my book.

Finally Hiro freezes time to meet the Speed Girl only to find out the Speed Girl can still react in frozen time? Then how come she was frozen at first and then could move to punch Hiro? I think we are losing some of the continuity of the show.

I really love Heroes and hope that I was just expecting too much this season. We shall see.

· Icon
627 Posts
All new episodes timer - Erased.

When Hiro went to the future and saw a wave of destruction coming towards him ... hum? Where did I see that before?

Lack of continuity, lets make things up as we go, bringing people back from the dead for no apperent reason other than to create speculation, and now Silar is Nathan and Peter's brother, blah, blah, blah, This is stupid. Just a vehicle to showcase some great special effects.

Pass.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
koji68 said:
Lack of continuity, lets make things up as we go, bringing people back from the dead for no apperent reason other than to create speculation, and now Silar is Nathan and Peter's brother, blah, blah, blah, This is stupid. Just a vehicle to showcase some great special effects.

Pass.
Just because they didn't give you a reason or explanation yet doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

· Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
koji68 said:
All new episodes timer - Erased.

When Hiro went to the future and saw a wave of destruction coming towards him ... hum? Where did I see that before?

Pass.
Wow, even if I didn't like the premiere that much I'm certainly not ready to give up on it yet! I think that (as others have also stated) the writer's strike threw a big wrench into the works and now they have to restart a story-line for this season. Peter has been going back and forth in time creating all sorts of possibilities (as his mother keeps warning him) so the future that Hiro saw may have already changed again - at least he realizes (now) that going back in time to change things can be a dangerous thing to do.

As for Level 5 Villans being worse than level 2, maybe they just reversed the system and put the baddies down closer to the ground after Claire's dad left - he certainly doesn't have any power that would classify him as a severe threat and he was on 5!

· Godfather
436 Posts
so the future that Hiro saw may have already changed again - at least he realizes (now) that going back in time to change things can be a dangerous thing to do.
After going in to the future and seeing the city being destroyed and Ando killing Hiro, why didn't Hiro just go back 15 mins and not open the safe? I know too easy. And how theck did "speedster" know about the safe and when to be there, etc?

Now I know why I didnt see how Parkman get to africa, they didn't show it. They showed Peter and Parkman in the closet and then you saw Parkman disappear then later on showed up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.