DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the dialog from this night's episode of 'Heroes' sounds like its been sent through a reverb box. I guess this is better than the last NBC show I tried to watch, Studio 60, which had no dialog at all.

Funny, but the &^&&# audio sounds fine for the &^^&%#@# commercials.

EDIT: SF Bay Area HD local (KNTV)

·
Godfather
340 Posts
matto said:
All the dialog from this night's episode of 'Heroes' sounds like its been sent through a reverb box. I guess this is better than the last NBC show I tried to watch, Studio 60, which had no dialog at all.

When I watched Heros live on Monday it was the same way. Sounded like I was in a cave. About half way through the show it would normalize and then go back. I think it was a problem with our local affiliate.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Twosted said:
When I watched Heros live on Monday it was the same way. Sounded like I was in a cave. About half way through the show it would normalize and then go back. I think it was a problem with our local affiliate.
the really sad thing is, KNTV's OTA signal was the only one that came in crappy.
they're the reason I went for the HR20 and the HD locals.
even over d*, KNTV sucks :(

·
1 Posts
matto said:

Sadly, I encountered this as well. Certainly wasn't local to just the SF Bay area as I'm located near Atlanta, GA.

·
Godfather
317 Posts
Same here in Georgia. Agree it sounded like a Dolby Digital 5.1 problem ... center channel very "phasey" sounding.

John

·
Hall Of Fame
1,448 Posts
I hope this isn't a really stupid question but I really don't know much, ok I don't know anything about Dolby Digital, I have a six year old big screen Mitsu and the audio options for it are (don't have the manual in front of me, trying to go from memory, a bad memory unfortunately), simulated stereo, simulated surround sound or "off". The owner's manual says if you are using an A/V receiver that is capable of Dolby Digital set the audio option to off and set the receiver's Dolby Digital to on or some such. Anyway, so I experimented and decided the sound I liked best was with the TV's audio set to simulated surround sound and I have Dolby Digital "on" on the HR 20. I am wondering though if since I don't have a stereo system the only thing I have is the HR 20 hooked to the TV is that even capable of getting Dolby Digital sound anyway? Or should I just turn the Dolby Digital to "off" on the HR 20?

I hope I explained this well enough. I'm just not sure if I would get Dolby Digital through this TV via the HR 20 or not. Thanks for any info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.