DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Hmm. I really wish there was time for all of the story lines each week because I really want to see what happens with Mohinder.

First - the whole Sylar thing - he has been a bad guy for two seasons - and now he cannot die - so where do they intend to go with this?

Second - Obvious they are leading up to Hiro and Ando's fight. I loved Hiro in the first season, but I am finding other characters much more interesting this time around.

Matt - ??? is what I have to say - I mean come on! It seemed just like place holder seems. Maybe that is just me.

Claire and Ms. Fire Mommy - Umn, well - her plot line is kind of fizzled for me as well right now. And what is going to happen when she finds out who Daddy's new partner is?

Tracy/Nikki/Whoever - Umn, that whole bit at the end - what is it - an endless line of these girls with powers and psychotic issues? Bleh. Makes me sad they killed Nikki off because that does not leave much room for Micah in the story line.

· Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good episode, not the best, but pretty good.

Noah Bennett's line to the Haitian at the end said a lot about the Sylar side, "I'm going to find his weakness and then kill him" - of course saying it and doing it are two different things. But it's obvious from the bank scene that Sylar hasn't changed his spots too much.

Mrs. Petrelli is the one that's really turning (back??) into the real sicko of the story to me! The whole idea of sending Sylar out is bad enough but "feeding" him with the girl that could tell the history of an object was really sick!

I think that Matt's ordeal in Africa is going to lead us to the next set of future events that he and some of the other Heroes will be trying to stop. I could be wrong but I think that's where they are going with it.

I can also see some good possibilities in store for the Nikki / whatever her name is now and Nathan. Perhaps Mikah will be worked in there too, I wouldn't be surprised!

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reading at the Heroes website and they stated that in the next episode a romance would kindle between two heroes - so we have to wait and see!

And yeah - Angela Petrelli is definately sick. Makes me just shake my head. That's the type of mother that created stories about Norman Bates :D

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
bonscott87 said:
That's it, I give up on the series. Season pass deleted as of now. This show has gone so far downhill it's amazing. It used to be my favorite show to the point I had to watch it live for crying out loud. Now....I've got better things to watch.

RIP Heroes.
I actually liked this episode, but it's definitely not on my "must watch immediately" list. If I don't get to it right away, no skin off my back, but I will continue to watch it.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Pink Fairy said:
I was reading at the Heroes website and they stated that in the next episode a romance would kindle between two heroes - so we have to wait and see!
I haven't heard anything about this, but the obvious relationship (to me) is Hiro & Daphne ..

· Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
bonscott87 said:
That's it, I give up on the series. Season pass deleted as of now. This show has gone so far downhill it's amazing. It used to be my favorite show to the point I had to watch it live for crying out loud. Now....I've got better things to watch.

RIP Heroes.
I know you're the second person to say that but I personally don't think it's gotten that bad and I'm giving it some time to develop storylines. I certainly don't have anything else at the same time I would rather watch (except MNF which I always watch while DVR'ing Chuck / Heroes). It's still good escapist / fantasy stuff which I much prefer over any "reality" shows like Dancing With the Psuedo Stars, which I have NEVER understood the popularity of.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
The problem with Heroes is a traditional comic-book problem.

People always love team-ups, and even better a whole team-book like Justice League or the Avengers (Marvel)... BUT the problem is... the comic book is still the same length of pages for the story whether you have 1 character, 2 characters, or 10. So many writers would try to put a bunch of the heroes out of commision early in the book so the bulk of the story would be focussed.

Think Star Trek TNG... Season 1 they wanted us to love all the characters, so they'd put 5 main characters in the scene all the time. The end result was characters essentially finishing each others' sentences and watering down the scenes. In later seasons they learned they could do episodes on 1 or 2 characters and leave the rest elsewhere on the ship.

So, for Heroes... They have dozens of powered characters... and the story is ambitious but convoluted. Sometimes they have to stick someone like Parkman in limbo, Peter w/ future Peter (or inside that other bad guy)... to get them out of the way and progress the story.

There's not always a clean way to do it... but it is a necessary evil since you can't have a big show with dozens of characters always 100% engaged all the time.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
bobukcat said:
I know you're the second person to say that but I personally don't think it's gotten that bad and I'm giving it some time to develop storylines. I certainly don't have anything else at the same time I would rather watch (except MNF which I always watch while DVR'ing Chuck / Heroes). It's still good escapist / fantasy stuff which I much prefer over any "reality" shows like Dancing With the Psuedo Stars, which I have NEVER understood the popularity of.
Oh, understood. We have too much stuff to watch already and with hockey season starting that will take up 2-4 nights a week at least. So Heroes gets the boot because neither me or the wife are "feeling" it this year. I'll replace it with Sanctuary. :D

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looked the same to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.