Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to this post by our own Earl Bonovich:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72356

R15 users have an update they may opt into. If I read his release notes, it's not much change from the previous update for that unit, but the more important thing is that D* is allowing R15 users to decide whether or not they want a "release candidate" update.

Many of us on the HR20 forum have expressed the desire to "opt in" to "release candidate" updates, or force updates which have not rolled out nationally.

I want to go on record saying, way to go D*, keep that up, let's have more "opt in" updates. Who's with me?

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
Well, the ability to opt in is only going to be there for a short period of time. Either the release gets the green light, at which time it will no longer be an option but forced, or it gets pulled. If it gets pulled, you may be able to hang onto it on your DVR if you don't do another forced download, until the next forced download happens.

The last several R15 upgrades have been this way. They appear in the data stream, unannounced. Someone stumbles onto it, then Earl provides what, if any, information he might have about it. Some of the releases go on to become general releases, while two others recently got pulled.

Carl

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Excellent. I'll be opting in later today if it's still and opt ion

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
The HR20 has also received many more updates then the R15 lately. Even though it's Opt-In it's very hard to get. I've been trying for a few days now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.