DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-Def TV: DirecTV Sky-High on Hi-Def

"The reason cable networks are losing market share to the Internet is they don't have a quality argument against the Internet," said Mr. Shanks, executive VP of entertainment for DirecTV. "Until they go to HD, they will continue to lose relevance in consumers' and viewers' minds."
That belief is among the reasons DirecTV is betting big on hi-def by launching satellites that will enable copious amounts of bandwidth for HD channels. The operator hasn't lined up deals yet with content providers to fill that new pipeline because more networks first must flip the switch on hi-def. But when they do, the operator will be ready. And Mr. Shanks contends that networks must make the transition to hi-def to compete against the new threat of online video.
Read the rest of the article at: TVWeek.com

· Banned
614 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Hi-Def TV: DirecTV Sky-High on Hi-Def

Read the rest of the article at: TVWeek.com
I want more HD now.:lol:

· Godfather
419 Posts
Once the new birds are operational and once there is new content, etc, etc, does anyone know what the price of the HD package will go to?

Will it depend on the HD channels that are available and picked up by D*?

· AllStar
92 Posts
I've been doing some comparisons for the past few days and I have an opinion on this. I realize that the quest for bandwidth is the motivation for the new birds. I also realize that the hunger for HD content is a very big market right now. I must say though, based on the siganls right now, I do not look forward to the switch to MPEG-4. I hope that it is just the first gen bugs I am seeing, but I don't think that the majority of people are going to be happy with Discovery HD having artifacts. I hope they get the bugs worked out of this beacause I REALLY want GOOD HD content and for me right now, D* is the only choice I have. I do like what they offer, but I wouldn't pay more than the 10 bucks extra for it.

Lowry

· Icon
650 Posts
Major League Baseball in HD? Yes on ESPN and 1 game a day on chanell 94 or 95 but to say they broadcast MLB in HD is stretching it a little, don't you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.