DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you watched the Premier episode of DirecTV's original series "Hit or Miss" yet?

I watched in on VOD the other day. To say I was shocked at the premise and the lead character's "uniqueness" would be an understatement. haha

Here is a review.

There are some spoilers in that review. Some may appreciate the forewarning.

Once I got over my shock I actually enjoyed the first episode and am looking forward to the next. DirecTV definitely didn't play it conservative on this one.

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
DirecTV Takes a chance.

Hit & Miss is a British television series created by Paul Abbott broadcast on Sky Atlantic. It stars Chloë Sevigny as a transsexual contract killer who discovers she has a child with her former lover. She struggles between caring for her newfound family and maintaining her job as an assassin.

The show was conceived by Abbott as a combination of two ideas for separate TV series. All six episodes were scripted by Sean Conway. The series is Sky Atlantic's first original drama commission. It premiered on 22 May 2012 in the United Kingdom.
According to Conway prior to the premiere of the first series, Sky Atlantic "seemed keen" on commissioning a second series of the show. As of 5 July 2012, no decision has been made on the future of the show.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_&_Miss

· Godfather
264 Posts
You are not alone my wife and I watch it too.I DVR it with the other 2 showes on the Audience channel that night which,one is Damages .We both find Hit or Miss worth watching as well as other shows that have been giving airing on Audience channel.Due to limited budget in the last year I, have too scale all the way back to family package with HD Pack but,still have whole home with 2 DVR,s .I am glad to have these shows available with my now limited viewing choices .Scaling back to keep Directv is worth it because of the pic quality and whole home hook up if, finances change I,could add upgrade .There is still plenty to watch and record from what I get .

· Legend
211 Posts
I've been watching Hit & Miss from the start and really like the show. I enjoyed watching Chloë Sevigny on the HBO series Big Love. The music is also good and have discovered a couple of bands to add to Pandora. A tip...if you have closed captioning on it will give the artist and name of the song.

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very good stuff. As mentioned, it's very gritty and the character development, pacing and script is excellent. Wish the season was longer than 6 episodes. Hopefully it's renewed for another season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.