DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HOA is trying to get me to remove my OTA antenna 4228 CM because a neighbor does not like the look of it. Well of course I do know of the FCC law saying I can have one- but it appears my 4228 is 39 1/2" in width, but the FCC says you have to have an antenna smaller than 39 3/7" (1 meter) in diameter- so it appears that I may not be in correspondence by a couple fractions of an inch.

Has anyone out there won against their HOA with this antenna- if you have, what course did you take to win?

I also have a smaller 4 bay - the CM 3021 that I COULD replace it with, but would rather keep the big one for more channel coverage/better reception and to piss off the neighbor who complained.

Your help would be appreciated- thanks:)

·
AllStar
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sharkie,
The person who is complaining wants me to move it or remove it because he sees it when he pulls out of his street below my townhouse.(we sit on top of a hill overlooking his house that surrounds the lake below) I have my antenna mounted on a pole at the back of my house behind my shed. I have to have it at the back of my house to be able to point to Wash DC which is to my south. I have had this bigger antenna up for 7 months and the older 3021 up for 3 years with no complaints.
I am thinking that the neighbor below either just moved in, or just got lassik surgery and can now see because it has been there for almost 4 years. Thanks for the suggestions Shark- I will try to remain calm and not nasty :)

·
AllStar
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys are awesome and it seems that I have many people who feel the same way I do. I am waiting for them to call me back and try to explain to me what they really want in this situation. With all of your help- I feel armed with enough ammunition to be able to fight this situation head-on. I appreciate any more advice but again- thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.