DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
shortstop11_jeff said:
My HOA is trying to get me to remove my OTA antenna 4228 CM because a neighbor does not like the look of it. Well of course I do know of the FCC law saying I can have one- but it appears my 4228 is 39 1/2" in width, but the FCC says you have to have an antenna smaller than 39 3/7" (1 meter) in diameter- so it appears that I may not be in correspondence by a couple fractions of an inch.

Has anyone out there won against their HOA with this antenna- if you have, what course did you take to win?

I also have a smaller 4 bay - the CM 3021 that I COULD replace it with, but would rather keep the big one for more channel coverage/better reception and to piss off the neighbor who complained.

Your help would be appreciated- thanks:)
That's BS. The one meter rule only applies to satellite dishes, not OTA antennas. See http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html You can put up any OTA antenna you want to.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
QUOTE:"Your best course of action is to contact your HOA (if not already done so), make sure they are aware of the FCC link / regulation and explain to them why your antenna needs to be installed in it's current location and that you want to work with them to resolve the problem"
That's good advice - certainly you should make sure that you send them something in writing also, particularly if they have sent you something. Since you have already done what some HOAs ask you to do - mounted the aantenna behind your house - doing anything more would probably be unreasonable.
And if your HOA has a written regulation that is negated by the FCC ruling, you might suggest they get it rewritten. An attorney with any HOA experience should have come across this issue before and can certainly write an HOA regulation that is compatible with the FCC ruling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.