DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out how best to get some hockey. If someone has some thoughts I would appreciate it. Currently I am the top 60 package with a dual tuner DVR.

From what I can tell:

1. I could upgrade to the top 180 and get the Versus network which would get me two games a week (or so) and all of the playoffs. $15/month extra.
2. Order the center ice package at $169. This would not include the playoffs.
3. Switch to the HD bronze package which would incldue the Versus package. $15/month extra plus some startup costs.

Am I missing something? Is hockey being shown on any other channels besides Versus?

I will print it out tomorrow, but what are the differences between the top 180 and the HD bronze (other than the obvious HD).

My thought is that center ice includes so many games that I would not be able to get my money out of it not to mention that it does not include the playoffs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am sure I am not the first person to try an dfigure this out.

Bob

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Hi, I'm in Seattle also and know how hard it is to get nhl hockey.

All the sources are correct. You might want to add HD just for HDnet as they offer NHL games.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
calgary2800 said:
I'm cluess about the playoffs as last season I watched it via CBC through basic cable. I dont know the extent of Versus' playoff coverage.
Ah, CBC, those were the days.....but do they show more than 2 per week like Versus?

The thing is once I watch a game with DVR it is hard to go back. I will look into HDNet, but not sure what you mean by that.

Then again, Seattle games are fun and I made one Canucks game as well last year.

Bob

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
calgary2800 said:
I'm cluess about the playoffs as last season I watched it via CBC through basic cable. I dont know the extent of Versus' playoff coverage.
From what I can tell only the first two rounds of playoffs are covered by the "center ice" option. Last year OLN (now versus) covered the playoffs quiet nicely. So to get the whole package I would have to buy into center ice and then pick up Versus during the playoffs. One would think center ice would include everything.....

How is versus's coverage CBC quality? Don Cherry's corner?

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.