DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to dish as of yesterday. I got dish with the sole intent of watching hockey in HD. I specifically pointed this out to the CSR and he told me that Altitude channel was a HD feed. Well my son and I got ready to be blown away by hockey in HD last night and discovered that there was no HD hockey available. It looks like if I am lucky I might get one game a month in HD. This sucks since I have a projection theater and the SD games look like garbage. Can anyone tell me the real deal on hockey in HD? I know altitude is brodcasted in HD because they advertise it during the games. What do I do, is there a better option, IE DirecTV? Please help, hockey addict in serious need of a HD fix.......

Thnaks,
John

·
Legend
132 Posts
johnrezz said:
Hi all,
I am new to dish as of yesterday. I got dish with the sole intent of watching hockey in HD. I specifically pointed this out to the CSR and he told me that Altitude channel was a HD feed. Well my son and I got ready to be blown away by hockey in HD last night and discovered that there was no HD hockey available. It looks like if I am lucky I might get one game a month in HD. This sucks since I have a projection theater and the SD games look like garbage. Can anyone tell me the real deal on hockey in HD? I know altitude is brodcasted in HD because they advertise it during the games. What do I do, is there a better option, IE DirecTV? Please help, hockey addict in serious need of a HD fix.......

Thnaks,
John
The CSR apparently didnt tell you the full story which is that the Regional Sports Networks (RSN's) are not available to DISH subscribers at this time. They have been "uplinked" for a few months now (Altitude is one on them) but are not available. There is a thread called "HD RSN's Uplinked " where you can read all about it. There are a lot of frustrated sports fans waiting for DISH to flip the switch on the HD RSN's.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
johnrezz said:
Hi all,

Thnaks,
John
FYI, D* DOES have Altitude HD available on a spotbeam in Colorado.

·
Legend
143 Posts
Your best bet is to see if you can cancel and go with D*. I hate saying that but it looks like D* has more HD sports then E*. I live in New England and would love to see NESN in HD, but E* is the only provider in New England without NESN in HD. It has not even been up linked yet :(

·
Legend
190 Posts
If I wasn't under contract with E*, I would switch to Direct TV for this reason alone.

·
1 Posts
kdwebsol said:
Your best bet is to see if you can cancel and go with D*. I hate saying that but it looks like D* has more HD sports then E*. I live in New England and would love to see NESN in HD, but E* is the only provider in New England without NESN in HD. It has not even been up linked yet :(
Any word on when E* will add NESN HD? this is the only thing stopping me from dropping comcast..

-t

·
Legend
190 Posts
And once again, no Hockey in HD listed on the NHL Center Ice Schedule on Dish Networks web site.
Can someone remind why I switched to Dish Network again?
And why did I drop $3000.00 on a freaking Television Set?
I should have waited like a lot of other people are doing right now.
Basically, the ONLY Sports we get from Dish Network is ESPN/ESPN2 HD, and all of the other HD providers offer that already.

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
mkpolley said:
wont espnhd broadcast hockey games this year?im not sure who all has a contract with the NHL,it seems to change from year to year.i think ABC had NHL in HD last year
Nope. It's Versus (aka OLN) and NBC. AFAIK, NBC won't start showing games until after the All-star game.

HDNet shows games at least once a week, and there are games randomly showing up on the HDPPV channel. If you subscribe to Center Ice, you get to watch the HDPPV games.

It's not a lot, but at least there is some hockey in HD. Just makes me want more and anxious for them to get more RSNs active. Maybe next season Center Ice will be all HD. Definitely would make the subscription more enticing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.