DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Icon
715 Posts
The Kings are playing darn good hockey right now. I can't see them in the finals. They will choke before that time unfortunately. When they leave the playoffs - it's time to watch the other LA April team in the playoffs. I'll root for the Kings - but the Avalanche show up in the playoffs. Don't forget the Wings. Whew! I'm pooped. That's about the extent of my NHL knowledge outside of the Kings :) Go Kings!!!!!!!!

· Banned
11,498 Posts
I think Detroit will get the cup this year

G

·
The Bruins, The Islanders .... about as much chance as The Seanators

It's The Red Wings of course - too many veterens - some goig after the Cup for their final time

Enjoy the Wings march to Hockey Supremacy - It couldn't happen to a better bunch of fans

· Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I am a lifelong Bruinsd fan. But there is a jinx associated with playing Montreal. both theams have new facilities but there are a lot of ghosts of Stanley Cup series past to contend with.

Then there is the issue of getting past fourth seed Toronto in Rd II and hey Philly is no slouch either. Could be a tough road to the finals much less the Cup for the "Lunch Pail Gang".

But God I would love to see somebody leap into the air like Bobby Orr.

· AllStar
75 Posts
Originally posted by Geronimo

Then there is the issue of getting past fourth seed Toronto in Rd II and hey Philly is no slouch either. Could be a tough road to the finals much less the Cup for the "Lunch Pail Gang".

But God I would love to see somebody leap into the air like Bobby Orr. [/B]
I think you mean getting past the 5th seed Islanders in round 2. After all, the Islanders won 3 of 4 from Toronto, with the only loss coming in overtime on a fluke goal. Isles also finished the season as the hottest team in the east, winning 7 of their final 8 games. This despite not having Alexei Yashin for the final 4 games. That winning streak included a win at Toronto, and oh, by the way, a win at Boston.

For a leap into the air, try watching a clip of Mike Bossy's 1982 Finals classic against Vancouver, where he dove, shot the puck while in midair, and scored past Richard Brodeur. Even I'll admit Orr's was the best, but Bossy's was awesome.

G

·
It's the Vancouver Canucks if they get by the Red Wings. The best team in the second half of the season (Canucks) vs the best team overall (Red Wings). This my friends is the real Final Series being played in round one this year

5 Posts
I have two teams I hope win for purely selfish reasons:

1) The Islanders, because my boss' nephew plays for them, and maybe, just maybe, he would bring the Cup into the office during his 24 hours with Lord Stanley's prized possession and I could steal a picture with it.

2) The Blackhawks, because my good friend's 2nd cousin plays for them and maybe, just maybe, he would bring the Cup to his cousin's house during his 24 hours with Lord Stanley's prized possession and I could steal a picture with it.

Now, back to reality. With Forsberg back and Roy playing off his a$$ again, you gotta give the nod to the Avs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.