Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
i current have the hr10-250 and i love the tivo GUI ...i have seen other DVR interfaces and some are totally worthless i.e pat media here in new jersey....so as it stands i was wondering if upgrading to the new hr20-700 was worth it for my situation...currently i get locals in hd mpeg2 from the new york feeds since im in the new york DMA..is there any benefit to upgrade or should i hold my tivo unit as long as possiable..when would be the time to upgrade for me
thanks

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
dxdenis02 said:
hello all
i current have the hr10-250 and i love the tivo GUI ...i have seen other DVR interfaces and some are totally worthless i.e pat media here in new jersey....so as it stands i was wondering if upgrading to the new hr20-700 was worth it for my situation...currently i get locals in hd mpeg2 from the new york feeds since im in the new york DMA..is there any benefit to upgrade or should i hold my tivo unit as long as possiable..when would be the time to upgrade for me
thanks
Given that you love the Tivo interface, I would hold...unless you desire to get your regional sports networks in HD (those are available only in MPEG4).

Me, I'm sticking with my HR10-250 until there is compelling national programming in MPEG4.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
Well at this time only option is to hold; read posts in HR20 forum

·
Legend
181 Posts
It all depends on what deal you can make with D*. I got an HR20 for $19.99 S&H together with discounts valued at $140 over 6 months. I also get to keep the HR10. If you can get something similar and you are able to set up both DVR's in parallel (so you will need two extra coaxs) then go for it.

You may even get to like the slick HR20 interface. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.