DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Channel 801 will temporarily become the Holiday Music Channel From Thanksgiving until Christmas. Channel 801 is on the 101 orbital slot so every DIRECTV customer will be able to receive it.

On the 26th of December, 801 will revert back to it's normal programming schedule.

Happy and Safe Holidays everyone

·
Legend
228 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
Channel 801 will temporarily become the Holiday Music Channel From Thanksgiving until Christmas. Channel 801 is on the 101 orbital slot so every DIRECTV customer will be able to receive it.

On the 26th of December, 801 will revert back to it's normal programming schedule.

Happy and Safe Holidays everyone
Is it 801 or 810? Sonic Tap website is advertising this channel to all on 810.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Jon J said:
So, holiday music for all will consist of ONE channel. :down:
How many versions of Jingle Bells do you need?

I swear, some people are never happy. First, they complain it requires a higher package. Then, they complain it requires a 5-LNB. Now, complaining it's only 1 channel. What's next?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
sigma1914 said:

I swear, some people are never happy. First, they complain it requires a higher package. Then, they complain it requires a 5-LNB. Now, complaining it's only 1 channel. What's next?
The picture of the logs burning while the music plays is not in HD?

·
Grouch Extrordinaire
1,241 Posts
sigma1914 said:

How about the same or greater number of channels as last year catering to various styles? You obviously won't be listening but others of us will and a selection would be nice.

Please attack from another front.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Jon J said:
How about the same or greater number of channels as last year catering to various styles? You obviously won't be listening but others of us will and a selection would be nice.

Please attack from another front.
www.pandora.com Knock yourself out with various styles of holiday music.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Jon J said:
Sirius radio has 4.. plus a HANUKKAH channel...

I think at least 2 would be in order. I think Sirius has it just right...

---------------------

HOLLY
12 pm ET November 15 - December 31
Holly (SIRIUS Ch. 3, XM Ch. 23) will feature contemporary holiday music as well as traditional favorites, including songs by John Mayer, Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban, Mariah Carey and Michael Buble.

*Holly is heard online at SIRIUS XM Limited Engagements SIRIUS Ch. 810, XM Ch. 39

Top 20
HOLIDAY TRADITIONS
12 pm ET November 15 - January 1
Holiday Traditions (SIRIUS Ch. 4, XM Ch. 4) will feature traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s by artists such as Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff and Nat "King" Cole.

Radio Hanukkah
RADIO HANUKKAH
December 1 - December 9
Radio Hanukkah (SIRIUS Ch. 76 & XM Ch. 28) will feature an extensive collection of Hanukkah music, including contemporary, traditional and children's Hanukkah selections. Hasidic reggae musician Matisyahu will present nightly blessings and share personal stories and memories about past Hanukkahs.

Holiday Pops
HOLIDAY POPS
December 1 - December 25
Holiday Pops (SIRIUS Ch. 79, XM Ch. 77) will feature classical Christmas carols sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, Boston Pops and Leontyne Price.

Country Christmas
COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
December 10 - December 25
Country Christmas (SIRIUS Ch. 62, XM Ch. 10) will feature a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood and Kenny Rogers.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gopherscot said:
Is it 801 or 810? Sonic Tap website is advertising this channel to all on 810.
Should be 801 starting tomorrow

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
sigma1914 said:

The Big Band fans asking where their channel will be moved to?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,828 Posts
Jon J said:
It's almost like.... Cable. :D

I had ONE Holiday channel for years with TWC.... yeah in my car have multiple, because I have XM Radio there. I am happy to at least get the one channel, for me not much changes as I just switched over to DirecTV from TWC. But I guess it sucks for those used to Sirius/XM on their DTV sets.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.