DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That knot on Rahman's head was the biggest knot I've ever seen, seems to me it got as big as a baseball.......:eek:

Two of the judges scored it 69-64 in favor of Holyfield, the woman judge scored it 67-66 in favor of Rahman. Personally, I didn't think Holyfield dominanted Rahman. He had short spurts where he threw a lot of punches, but Rahman was the busier of the two throughout. If anything, Holyfield should've won 4 rounds to 3, but 6 rounds to 1???? I don't think so. Either way though, Lewis shouldn't feel threatened by what he saw tonight because the heavyweight division is done.

I think Lennox's next fight, assuming he beats Tyson, will be called Alien 5 as he battles whatever monster erupts from that hellish hemotoma on Rahman's head! Holyfield fought well but I can't get excited about Lewis-Holyfield III. Rahman fought well also ...but not well enough to win. Champions find a way to prevail. Rahman's got to find a way to win big fights where he's not underestimated. Otherwise, in 5 years he'll be on Celebrity Boxing with Oliver McCall as the battle of the one fight wonders.

·
Godfather/Supporter
342 Posts
Originally posted by John Corn
That knot on Rahman's head was the biggest knot I've ever seen, seems to me it got as big as a baseball.......:eek:

Two of the judges scored it 69-64 in favor of Holyfield, the woman judge scored it 67-66 in favor of Rahman. Personally, I didn't think Holyfield dominanted Rahman. He had short spurts where he threw a lot of punches, but Rahman was the busier of the two throughout. If anything, Holyfield should've won 4 rounds to 3, but 6 rounds to 1???? I don't think so. Either way though, Lewis shouldn't feel threatened by what he saw tonight because the heavyweight division is done.

I think Lennox's next fight, assuming he beats Tyson, will be called Alien 5 as he battles whatever monster erupts from that hellish hemotoma on Rahman's head! Holyfield fought well but I can't get excited about Lewis-Holyfield III. Rahman fought well also ...but not well enough to win. Champions find a way to prevail. Rahman's got to find a way to win big fights where he's not underestimated. Otherwise, in 5 years he'll be on Celebrity Boxing with Oliver McCall as the battle of the one fight wonders.
That was one of the most bizarre things I have seen. Holyfield seems to be getting a lot of flack for headbutting but I did not see him do anything wrong. Rahman was moving his head around more and in my opinion was the one that banged heads with Holyfield. Granted Holyfield drops his head whenever they get in close but it seems to me that he is just protecting himself from inside blows and there is quite often incidental contact.

I don't think either of these guys will be a match for Lewis or Tyson. I do agree that Holyfield won that fight but he is past his prime and Rahman is not top tier material. I congratulate him on his Heavywieght championship but I think it was more of Lewis not taking him seriously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts