DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.
I'm thinking of upgrading to the Hopper 3, but don't want to downgrade myself on some features that I like on my current Hopper.

Is anyone using the Home Network feature where you can stream music and movies from your PC?
On my current Hopper, when I stream a music playlist (m3u,wmv) through my network, it plays the music in the order that I created in the playlist. Hence the idea of using a playlist
. On newer devices like my Roku 3 and Samsung TV, those systems take the playlist and alphabetize the music. Hence, "what good is the playlist now"
. Does the Hopper 3 play the playlist the way it should in playlist order or alphabetical?

Any help is gratefully appreciated. Thanks

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wilf. I have several Media Server applications setup on my PC. Logitech being one of them for my Squeezebox. Also the native Microsoft media server, MediaMonkey, Plex and Servio It's not the Media Server app that is the problem. It's the apps that run on the different devices (TV, Roku). My Samsung TV and the Roku 3 have several apps including Plex that will stream my music and movies. But the newer apps perform as I described in the first post. The current Hopper 2, my older (and slow performance) Sony and Panasonic Blu-ray players do not have this behavior.

Is the LMS that you were referring to something other than what I already have installed on my PC?
Thanks
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.