DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three months ago, SiriusXM removed channel 69, Escape, from both Sirius and XM radios, intending at the time to make it Internet-only. At that time it of course disappeared from DISH's music lineup as well.

However (and much to my shock) they received enough complaints from myself and others (along with many, many cancellations of service) that they restored Escape to channel 69 on both satellite services.

Unfortunately DISH's channel 6069 has remained the channel they tried to replace Escape with at channel 69 on both satellite services, "Calienté."

Responsibility has been difficult to nail down; the customer service reps at SiriusXM claim they've told DISH to restore Escape, and DISH reps say they've received no such request. :(

Regardless, I thought the fans of Escape here might like to know what's going on; I don't expect DISH to get around to resolving this anytime soon, so I've been forced to purchase a SIriusXM home kit and will just shuttle my radio between the house and my car.

At the very least, since Calienté no longer is broadcast at channel 69 on either satellite service, we know DISH must get their feeds via dedicated link or the Internet stream…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.