DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had Dish w/ Hopper 3 installed. Everything seems to be working well EXCEPT the multiview PIP. When I select that option, the screen goes black. I cannot pull up anything, no menu, guide, ... nothing. No way to get it to recover other than physically doing a reset on the box or pulling the plug on the box. Has anyone seen this before?

· Mr. FixAnything
27,986 Posts
Sure, it's only one relevant. For all your needs :)

PS. You should be aware, companies naming such thing shamelessly, the truth is "FW" is the main "SW" embedded into device. Not like apps in your phone or programs on your PC.

Now we need a hand from @psanrules , to check if H330 is current version.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,539 Posts
PS. You should be aware, companies naming such thing shamelessly, the truth is "FW" is the main "SW" embedded into device. Not like apps in your phone or programs on your PC.
You should be aware that it is imperative to use the relevant terminology. You asked a specific question and you got precisely what you asked for.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little more information: I wonder if this might be a bug in the software. I misinterpreted “unresponsive“. If I select the 4x PiP, it stays selected, but turns off the receiver. So if press the power button, if comes back on the last channel. But if I select PiP again, 4x is already selected and it turns off immediately. So the only way to select a normal 2x PiP is to reset the receiver. Quite strange.

· Registered
5 Posts
You actually were given the Hopper3 Plus. The Plus is new and does not yet have the PIP that the Hopper3 without the Plus has. PIP on the Plus is an android app. For much more information I suggest you try DISH Hopper + & Joey 4 Android TV Support | SatelliteGuys.US The bottom line is yes it needs a day or two to get going fully BUT it has a lot of new hardware issues that are fully known and being worked on by frequent updates.

· Registered
5 Posts
Where you get this? TS didn't tell that,..
Did you deduct from his "SW ver H330" info ?
I was a installer years ago and still friends with some. I also just had a installer come out to fix a problem he said all new installs are automatically being given the plus system without being told. If he has a small box on top his Hopper3 thats the Plus add on.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was a installer years ago and still friends with some. I also just had a installer come out to fix a problem he said all new installs are automatically being given the plus system without being told. If he has a small box on top his Hopper3 thats the Plus add on.
That is good to know, and yes the Hopper 3 has a little plate/box which sets atop the Hopper receiver. So maybe a S/W fix is coming? Its Christmas, I guess I can hope.

· Registered
5 Posts
Sorry been so busy here. Retirement apparently means work harder. I assumed he had the Plus by the feedback from several people who state they are installing the Plus on all installs. Yes Dish is fully aware and beta testers are constantly getting updates which get rolled out every week or two to the masses. I have seen BIG improvement in the past 2 updates. PIP is coming but probably not until its a more stable system.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts