DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, although I've visited the forum multiple times before. I finally had Dish installed this week (Sept 6, 2016), with Hopper 3 with sling, two 4K Joeys, and one wireless Joey. With Dish Anywhere I was under impression that I would be able to watch live tv on multiple devices at same time. Last night at the restaurant, I was surprised to learn that I can only watch live tv on one device at a time (between kids and self). I tried to change settings by attempting to change hopper/joey without success.

So is Dish that restrictive to let me watch live tv on only one device at same time?? Am I missing something? What's the point on having this awesome system when one can only watch live tv on one device at the same time? I would love to watch sports while kids are watching nickelodeon while out.

* Bandwidth issue 100MB DOWN / 10MB UP;
* iPhone & iPad used at the same time; and,
* Hopper 3 with 16 tuners.

Thank you!

·
Cool Member
247 Posts
jdshah said:
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, although I've visited the forum multiple times before. I finally had Dish installed this week (Sept 6, 2016), with Hopper 3 with sling, two 4K Joeys, and one wireless Joey. With Dish Anywhere I was under impression that I would be able to watch live tv on multiple devices at same time. Last night at the restaurant, I was surprised to learn that I can only watch live tv on one device at a time (between kids and self). I tried to change settings by attempting to change hopper/joey without success.

So is Dish that restrictive to let me watch live tv on only one device at same time?? Am I missing something? What's the point on having this awesome system when one can only watch live tv on one device at the same time? I would love to watch sports while kids are watching nickelodeon while out.

* Bandwidth issue 100MB DOWN / 10MB UP;
* iPhone & iPad used at the same time; and,
* Hopper 3 with 16 tuners.

Thank you!
Yes, you can currently only stream to 1 device at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.