DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
harsh said:
Do you have a suitable antenna in/on your RV?
I'll get whatever it takes... RV parks have basic cable, no MSNBC. So I'm going with dish if hopper will work. Direct does not had local HD here in Bakersfield. This is all new to me, as I've always had cable. I like the idea of whole home and being able to have sat. in our RV when traveling....

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
zztinker said:
Again, will hopper work in RV?
With the right dish (the same type as installed at home) it should. You would also need to take the node with you (switch that connects the Hopper/Joeys to the dish).

BTW: The PrimeTime Anytime feature would only work if your satellite setup was working during the prime time hours, just like any other timer based recording would need to have working signals at the time of their recordings.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James Long said:
With the right dish (the same type as installed at home) it should. You would also need to take the node with you (switch that connects the Hopper/Joeys to the dish).

BTW: The PrimeTime Anytime feature would only work if your satellite setup was working during the prime time hours, just like any other timer based recording would need to have working signals at the time of their recordings.
Thanks for the info

· Godfather
499 Posts
James Long said:

And if you are RVing within your local spotbeam coverage area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.