DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are using wifi with it? Have you had any problems with connectivity and such? I've got a 20 mb speed on my wifi and was just wondering how the Hopper works with setups so far.

914 Posts
I have a WiFi adapter that I have used with a 722, 922, and now the Hopper. I get a signal strength of about 48-55. I sling all the time streaming Better or Best/HD quality without any problems. I use the extender cable for the adapter to pickup the strongest signal. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

akw4572 said:
How many of you are using wifi with it? Have you had any problems with connectivity and such? I've got a 20 mb speed on my wifi and was just wondering how the Hopper works with setups so far.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
My Wi-Fi signal strength was around 50-60, but I had spotty connectivity to my computer via DLNA. I ended up replacing the Wi-Fi connector with a HIC upstairs by the router and a Tap downstairs by the hopper. Works perfectly now!

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,445 Posts
Ray [email protected] Network said:
I have a WiFi adapter that I have used with a 722, 922, and now the Hopper. I get a signal strength of about 48-55. I sling all the time streaming Better or Best/HD quality without any problems. I use the extender cable for the adapter to pickup the strongest signal. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.
FYI: there not exist two identical WiFi setups.
It's like your health - no one is you and you can't propagate your health parameters to other ppl.

·
Godfather
472 Posts
P Smith said:
WiFi = unpredictable speed, I would say - unreliable connection for HD stream(s).
Just turn on your microwave or start your vacuum or use your cordless phone for test...
Or buy multiple large directional antennas and ramp up the Xmit (like I did :D .) Wireless Joey using Dish-supplied wireless adapter streams flawlessly 22-45 ft away with 4 walls. Cordless phones are 5.8 GHz, I'm still using 2.4 for WiFi, vacuum/microwave are a non-issue. Then again this is with $200 in WiFi equipment, not your typical setup :p .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.