DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watching a show or DVR saved program and accidently hit the number one button on the remote. It goes to a screen to rent a movie ($6.99) and there is NO easy way of getting out of it. Pushing cancel or live TV buttons do nothing. I have to push the guide button, go to another channel and enter that one in order to exit the rent screen. Most times I'm watching a saved program and that means another 3 or 4 more pushes to get back to what I was watching. This is unacceptable. Why don't the cancel button exit me out of this?

· Hall Of Fame
2,140 Posts
Cancel won't change the channel.
Push the recall button and go back to a previous channel.
You can also set the recall button to go back to the previous channel in a traditional manner, rather than displaying the last four.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
bigdog9586 said:
watching a show or DVR saved program and accidently hit the number one button on the remote. It goes to a screen to rent a movie ($6.99) and there is NO easy way of getting out of it. Pushing cancel or live TV buttons do nothing. I have to push the guide button, go to another channel and enter that one in order to exit the rent screen. Most times I'm watching a saved program and that means another 3 or 4 more pushes to get back to what I was watching. This is unacceptable. Why don't the cancel button exit me out of this?
cancel doesn't exit out of that because when you hit 1 you actually went to channel 1 which is the on demand channel. Just like hitting cancel on a regular channel doesn't take you anywhere either. For example, had you hit 6 instead of 1 accidentally, it would have taken you to channel 6 and hitting cancel there wouldn't have gotten you back to your DVR event either.

· Super Moderator
54,222 Posts
I suggest you go into the locks screen and lock out channel 1. You can still get the VOD content on channel 501 but it is a lot easier to error, press 1 and then have to do a dance to get off the channel.

· Godfather
470 Posts
Can't believe I never thought about locking out channel 1... I always just set up favorites lists... Oh well... 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other... Although locking out channel 1 will prevent it from showing up at all when "1" is accidentally pressed, whereas favorites list will not...

· Godfather
352 Posts
bigdog9586 said:
I get this same thing on any Dish equipment, but I like Jame's easy fix (lockout channel 1.)

· Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
Yeah, not really a DISH bug but more like an IBRAC bug... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.