DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

· AllStar
92 Posts
I did a chat with DISH online today and they said a 722 DVR's external hard drive would work with the new Hopper. I want confirmation about this as well before jumping in. Someone who was in beta test for Hopper who did it perhaps can post to confirm??

· Icon
533 Posts
I had my hopper/joey installed yesterday. I was going to copy recordings to an external hd, but the regional manager (who came to my house for the install since I was the first in his region to get it) said the vip dvr's used a different format and was not compatible with the hopper. So I didn't bother copying them down...

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Tortolita said:
Upgrading on Sunday (Thanks to RaymondG!)
I know the EHD I use with a 211 will have to be reformatted, but will I have to pay again to use the EHD with the Hopper?
I haven't seen for sure... but they eliminated the EHD fee for 622/722/922 receivers, so I have to assume no EHD fee for the Hopper either.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Ray [email protected] Network said:
The EHD must be from a receiver active on your account and of a like receiver family (722, 622, 922, Hopper).

It will not work on other DVRs or 211/211k. If plugged into the receiver it will ask if you want to reformat. Thanks.
I had a Hopper and 3 joeys installed on Friday morning and also was concerned whether or not my EHD from my 722 would transfer to the Hopper. The day before the install, I called Dish CSR/Tech support about 10 times and only one out of ten confirmed the data would transfer! Don't you think everyone at Dish should be on the same page? :confused:
P.S. It took 3 techs from a Dish contractor 5 hours to install 1 Hopper & 3 Joeys!

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.