DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in assuming the Hopper in a Hopper/Joey system is a single point of failure? In other words, if the Hopper fails or doesn't work properly, all the connected Joeys (and the connected TVs) are off-the-air.

Also, I've read thru the user manual, examined network diagrams, and read many of the posts, but am unable to determine if a Hopper or Joey can support two TVs simultaneously---recognizing they may need to be watching the same program. I note both Hopper & Joey have only one HDMI port and one set of composite connectors. Are these operational at the same time?

Any help here will be appreciated before I "take the plunge."

Thanks.

Jack

· Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P Smith said:
Yes and yes.
My local dealer (who, admittedly, is new to the product) told me yesterday the output connections (HDMI & composite) are "either/or"---they do not work simultaneously.

Do you first-hand experience with simultaneous output to two TVs from a single Hopper or Joey?

Thanks.

Jack

· Mr. FixAnything
27,977 Posts
jforkner said:
My local dealer (who, admittedly, is new to the product) told me yesterday the output connections (HDMI & composite) are "either/or"---they do not work simultaneously.

Do you first-hand experience with simultaneous output to two TVs from a single Hopper or Joey?

Thanks.

Jack
I've first hand experience with it's 'prototype' - ViP922 and reading owner's all posts here last week. Plenty of them have posted the answers.

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
jforkner said:

Thanks.

Jack
They're both 'hot' simultaneously. I have a Hopper using both on separate TVs.

· Super Moderator
54,194 Posts
RasputinAXP said:
They're both 'hot' simultaneously. I have a Hopper using both on separate TVs.
Caveat (so it won't be misread): Same content on all outputs of the box.

The Hopper HDMI, Component and Composite outputs are all live and showing the same feed simultaneously.
The Joey HDMI and Composite outputs are both live and showing the same feed simultaneously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.