DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
472 Posts
Not sure about the PQ issues you are seeing. The TV likely needs calibration or other settings changed. As for the Hopper/Joey swap, as long as all coax is RG-6, you can swap the receivers, as long as you swap the connections at the node.

Hopper goes on the HOST port and Joey goes on the CLIENT port. Hopper does have slightly better trick play and you would also gain PiP on the big screen.

As for connecting the Hopper to the Internet, that can be accomplished with a wireless adapter if your dad had a wireless AP.

·
Godfather
472 Posts
The TV still likely needs adjustment for the Dish picture. Every new box I put on my TVs I calibrate. Even simply changing connections (say from component to HDMI) needs adjustment. I have no problems with Dish PQ on any of my TVs, whether it be Hopper, Joey, or 722k.

As for the wireless adapter, Dish sells it for $25. You may even be able to get a free one from Dish if you contact DIRT. Currently the only supported model is the WNDA3100v2. That's v2 and NOT v1.

·
Godfather
472 Posts
"patmurphey" said:
You don't need wireless, you can get an HIC from Dish to connect Internet near the Joey.
Oh yeah. Forgot about the HIC.

Dish could probably get OP a free WiFi adapter he could install himself. HIC would require a truck roll. Though, if it's within the 60-day install period, may be able to get a free truck roll.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.