DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing to a 2 hopper, 2 Joey system this weekend. My question is do the joeys work on non hi-def tv's and can I add another Dish receiver to the satellite?
Dish tells me that all my tv's have to be HDTV's and that I can't add a different receiver right now through them. Can I add one I own to this system?

·
Icon
543 Posts
Worn said:
I'm changing to a 2 hopper, 2 Joey system this weekend. My question is do the joeys work on non hi-def tv's and can I add another Dish receiver to the satellite?
Dish tells me that all my tv's have to be HDTV's and that I can't add a different receiver right now through them. Can I add one I own to this system?
nope u cannot add another receiver to your account.
and even if u could it would have to be another hopper.

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Joeys have composite out on them as well. They'll work on SDTVs. You can't add a non-Hopper to the system right now. Well...you could, but that's something above and beyond and very, very limited, special cases. I don't think we've seen reports of more than 1 person getting it.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I could add a third Joey before the install, especially if they work on SD receivers. Better to get it now for free than pay in the future.

·
Godfather
1,034 Posts
And - I doubt that RVU would give you all the features that you get with a Joey and you would still have a mirroring fee - not much benefit for supporting the feature. You might browse the DirecTV forum to see discussion of some of the problems.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
patmurphey said:
And - I doubt that RVU would give you all the features that you get with a Joey and you would still have a mirroring fee - not much benefit for supporting the feature. You might browse the DirecTV forum to see discussion of some of the problems.
With the RVU software I am able to seamlessly connect two older set top boxes for more tuners and storage. I can record 9 shows at the same time and get an extra terabyte of storage accessible in all three rooms. Not sure why Dish didn't do the same as it would save money and add functionality. Anyone know why previous set top boxes are not compatible with the Hopper? Are they working on this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.