DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S2.08 for the Hopper and S260 for the Joeys should be seen tonight. The key feature will be the increase in user recording space. I received the following note from DISH:

The expansion of user recording space on the hard drive. We have expanded it from 500 GB to 1 TB. So customers can now record up to 500 hours of HD content and 1,000 hours of SD content. At launch it was 250 hours of HD content and 500 hours of SD content.

· Mr. FixAnything
28,030 Posts
dunkonu23 said:
S208 here. Apps work, too. Was listening to my stations on Pandora a little bit ago. Weather channel app worked great, too.

Edit: Checked the other Hopper. It's still on S207.

Scott
It's not in air. Can you post screenshot ?
Usually it come around midnight.

· Mr. FixAnything
28,030 Posts
Short DL windows (perhaps 1 hr long) and targeting a few DVRs.

That means no one can get now. Perhaps midnight it could start spooling.

[You can cut the version's string from your big picture and make it small - sometimes Mods against posting serial numbers of DVR]

· Mr. FixAnything
28,030 Posts
Looks like it was 'good intention' version spool note and it was happen yesterday and not for many.

Nothing happen tonight. No S2.08
But there are two new 'gamma' versions start spooling on 129W: ANA1 for 813 - post-S2.08 and BLA1 for 110 [263 boxes].

· Hall Of Fame
6,087 Posts
Supposedly it was sent out to 500 boxes to see if everything in it was working right in the field. ie; letting a few beta test without knowing it. :)

· Legend
226 Posts
P Smith said:
Short DL windows (perhaps 1 hr long) and targeting a few DVRs.

That means no one can get now. Perhaps midnight it could start spooling.

[You can cut the version's string from your big picture and make it small - sometimes Mods against posting serial numbers of DVR]
My bad. Fixed.. but I guess the damage is done. Next time, I won't take pictures that late and post.

Scott

· Mr. FixAnything
28,030 Posts
dunkonu23 said:
My bad. Fixed.. but I guess the damage is done. Next time, I won't take pictures that late and post.

Scott
No need to worry - it wasn't real threat, just some old advise from past, when the number potentially could be used for different boxes. Today it is impossible. Cards are secure, FW is secure too.
It's just bad taste from a past...

· Mr. FixAnything
28,030 Posts
lparsons21 said:
Supposedly it was sent out to 500 boxes to see if everything in it was working right in the field. ie; letting a few beta test without knowing it. :)
Oh, that make us, customers, real guinea pigs ! :D

Anyway, only one our member got it and they are spooling post-S2.08 gamma version now.
I'm using gamma word to distinguish from real beta, when only boxes under NDA/contract getting it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.