DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Hopper installed and that went wonderfully. Now I am trying to use my Slingbox-Pro with the Hopper using the Dish app on the Ipad. It says Invalid Finder ID. This worked just fine with the ViP-722K.

I can still use the $30 App from Sling, but I really wanted to use the Dish App. I contated Dish and support passed me to Sling Media. I contacted Sling Media and support passed me to Dish.

Any thoughts?

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Sling App with Slingbox Pro, Dish App with 922 or Dish USB Sling Adapter. That's all.

· Mentor
34 Posts
I had Hopper installed yesterday and my Dish app would not recognize my sling adapter I had for my 722, it was still showing my 722 receiver # instead of the Hopper. I had to delete my Dish app and then re-install it using my Hopper's receiver #. I then re-booted the system. It works fine now.

263 Posts
scottmail said:
I had the Hopper installed and that went wonderfully. Now I am trying to use my Slingbox-Pro with the Hopper using the Dish app on the Ipad. It says Invalid Finder ID. This worked just fine with the ViP-722K.

I can still use the $30 App from Sling, but I really wanted to use the Dish App. I contated Dish and support passed me to Sling Media. I contacted Sling Media and support passed me to Dish.

Any thoughts?
The DISH app will not work with any of the other Sling devices besides the Sling Adapter and the ViP922 receiver. If you subscribe to Blockbuster @Home you will still be able to access the On Demand movies using the DISH Remote Access iPad app, but will not be able to stream live TV or DVR recordings unless you are using the app from Sling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.