DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Godfather
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Californication set to series record but since I was surfing through the channels I figured I'd go ahead and watch it. I'm getting terrible reception on 537 (SHOHD). Picture breaks up and pixelates many times a minute.

All the other SHO channels (all HD I have the others hidden) look fine. I'd be on the phone but since I'm getting this for free anyway I'm just bummed. Anyone else having PQ problems?

· Godfather
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's a bummer. I would assume if I can receive all the other SHO without problems I could get 537 but that's certainly not the case. I get great signals (all >92) so I can't believe it's a satellite problem.

I guess I'll try recording it again. Yeah it looked good. Wish I could have watched what I recorded but it's too frustrating.

· Cool Member
34 Posts
I didn't have picture quality problems but both of my HR21-100s had very weird recording problems on channel 540. They both starting recording the show about half way through but the recordings were both 1/2 hr long. In other words, I missted the first 15 minutes of the show but it recorded 15 minutes into the show that followed it so I still had 1/2 recordings. I have no idea what happeded but luckily they show it multiple times during the week so I recorded again last night without incident. The DirecTV HD DVRs are absolutely horrible.

· Godfather
332 Posts
psywzrd said:
I didn't have picture quality problems but both of my HR21-100s had very weird recording problems on channel 540. They both starting recording the show about half way through but the recordings were both 1/2 hr long. In other words, I missted the first 15 minutes of the show but it recorded 15 minutes into the show that followed it so I still had 1/2 recordings. I have no idea what happeded but luckily they show it multiple times during the week so I recorded again last night without incident. The DirecTV HD DVRs are absolutely horrible.
Obviously you've never used a motorola/comcast DVR. I've never had the problem you describe here (and never heard of it either)

It's an isolated incident, not a widespread "absolutely horrible" DVR.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,626 Posts
GutBomb said:
Obviously you've never used a motorola/comcast DVR. I've never had the problem you describe here (and never heard of it either)
Since when did the Motorola CATV DVR become the standard by which all other DVRs should be compared? Serviceable is grandest superlative that anyone can say about the Motorola DVR, but that shouldn't impact the expectations of a DIRECTV subscriber for their non-Motorola DVR.
It's an isolated incident, not a widespread "absolutely horrible" DVR.
The break-up issue may be isolated, but the recording mishaps aren't as isolated as the apologists would have everyone believe.

The OP needs to call DIRECTV and go on record with all the gory details.

The OP also needs to be prepared to hear that DIRECTV has never heard of any such problems with recordings misfiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.