DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Godfather
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Hanna will make her appearance here on Saturday, rains starting tomorrow, Friday. Which means the race may be postponed until the next available day. This could be Sunday or Monday.

She is projected to hit the coast near Wilmington NC. Heavy rains and 60 mph winds. Power may be disrupted.

· Godfather
306 Posts
Thats ashame, was kind of looking forward to seeing the race. To be honest, I wasent even into NASCAR just a week ago. However, experiencing last weeks race via hot pass for the first time has at the very least made me into a casual fan. Obviously safety should always come first.

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
KAL said:
Thats ashame, was kind of looking forward to seeing the race. To be honest, I wasent even into NASCAR just a week ago. However, experiencing last weeks race via the hot pass for the first time has at the very least made me into a casual fan.
Hoptass makes it fun. It gets even better when you have a favorite driver to pull for. It's can be addicting. Casual fans become loyal fans without even realizing it. I strongly suggest attending a race in person the first chance you get. TV just does not even come close to catching the spectacle. Sitting in the stands while scanning the drivers is about as good as it gets.

And it appears that there is only a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.

· Godfather
306 Posts
I live in Philadelphia, Pa so im assuming that Pocono speedway would be my closest track. Anyhow, Just joined directtv last week. They told me id be getting the remainder of the hotpass for free. I really didnt think much of it at the time. Mainly because I was just so happy that id be getting the Superfan for free along with the Sunday Ticket. So last weeks race came on and I decided id tune into the Jimmie Johnson channel. I can see why die hard NASCAR fans would want to pony up for this great set of channels.

· Icon
529 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
Hoptass makes it fun. It gets even better when you have a favorite driver to pull for. It's can be addicting. Casual fans become loyal fans without even realizing it. I strongly suggest attending a race in person the first chance you get. TV just does not even come close to catching the spectacle. Sitting in the stands while scanning the drivers is about as good as it gets.

And it appears that there is only a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.
Only problem is Sunday Ticket starts Sunday too. No DLB and too much to watch is a problem.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
KAL said:
I live in Philadelphia, Pa so im assuming that Pocono speedway would be my closest track. ..........
Don't have a map in front of me. Dover Delaware may be closer.

Sorry....you beat me to my first post. I deleted it to look for a map. Too lazy to look it up. Game is on. :)

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
KAL said:
Dover Downs I think its called? Thanks, didnt even think of that.
Dover Downs is the horse racing track... you want Dover International Speedway-the Monster Mile!
AND-theres a race there in two weeks!

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
KAL said:
:lol: Well, I was close
Yeah, but if you you showed up to the Downs, you'd be wondering where they put the in-car cameras on the entrants! :D

· Godfather
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RD in Fla said:
Only problem is Sunday Ticket starts Sunday too. No DLB and too much to watch is a problem.
Not for me .... Skins played this evening, cough-cough, and came up short. So I can watch the race on Sunday without having to have several different tvs tuned to different channels. Also won't have to listen to Sonny and Sam instead of game announcers.

I am not so concerned about the rains, but the winds here are horrible when associated with any hurricane. This area, from Northern VA down to the Norfolk with Richmond between the two, can lose power in these types of storms. Cross fingers we don't. Isabel took power out for days for many areas.

· Hall Of Fame
2,560 Posts
Dover Downs and the Dover Speedway are the same place. The horse track is in the infield of the car track and the front grandstands for horses are the back grandstrands for cars.

Between Pocono and Dover, go to Dover. Pocono is a bad venue to watch a live race. There is nothing there.

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
KAL said:
I live in Philadelphia, Pa so im assuming that Pocono speedway would be my closest track. Anyhow, Just joined directtv last week. They told me id be getting the remainder of the hotpass for free. I really didnt think much of it at the time. Mainly because I was just so happy that id be getting the Superfan for free along with the Sunday Ticket. So last weeks race came on and I decided id tune into the Jimmie Johnson channel. I can see why die hard NASCAR fans would want to pony up for this great set of channels.
Avoid Pocono. Terrible racing at that track. Plus the race is about 5 hours long.

Dover is a great track. I am hoping to get to a race there at some point.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
Avoid Pocono. Terrible racing at that track. Plus the race is about 5 hours long.

Dover is a great track. I am hoping to get to a race there at some point.
I wouldn't go so far as to say its terrible. But I will say that the length of the race is far to long, should only be 300 miles max and they don't need two dates withing 6-8 weeks of each other.

· Hall Of Fame
2,560 Posts
Latest Statement from Richmond International Raceway about postponed races: Due to inclement weather from Tropical Storm Hanna, NASCAR and Richmond International Raceway officials have announced all weekend activities, including tonight’s Emerson Radio 250 Nationwide Series race, as well as tomorrow night’s Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Sprint Cup Series race have been postponed to Sunday. The Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Sprint Cup Series race is scheduled to start at 1:00pm/et. Sunday. The Emerson Radio 250 Nationwide Series race will follow the Sprint Cup Series race at 7:00pm/et.
All Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Sprint Cup Series race tickets will be honored at the gate Sunday for the 1:00pm Chevy Rock & Roll 400.
All Emerson Radio 250 Nationwide Series race tickets will be honored at the gate Sunday for the 7:00pm Emerson Radio 250.
Track parking lots will open at 7:00am/et Sunday. The track credential office, NASCAR registration, media center and press box all will open at 7:30am/et. The Sprint Cup Series garage will open at 8:00am/et.
Sprint Cup Series Hospitality, Suites, Pit Stop Club and Green Flag Zone will open at 8:00am. Sprint Cup Series TORQUE Club guests will also enter at 8:00am. Grandstand gates for the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Sprint Cup Series race will open at 10:00am. Sprint Cup Series Pre-Race pit pass access is from 8:00 – 11:45am/et.
The Nationwide Series garage will open at 3:00pm/et. Nationwide Series TORQUE Club and Suite guests will enter at 5:00pm. Grandstand gates for the Emerson Radio 250 Nationwide Series race will open at 6:00pm.
The Three Days Grace concert is tentatively scheduled to run from 11:15 a.m. – Noon on the frontstretch on Sunday. Fans can obtain passes to view the concert from the track at the Chevy Fan Fest display on the Midway.
The Richmond International Raceway ticket office will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday. Tickets for both races can also be purchased at the main ticket office, Gate 40, Gate 80 and on the Commonwealth Mall, at the will call building, on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.