DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Welcome to Torchwood
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday, I have been picking up a signal that my 6000 won't lock in on. It is on WB39's assigned digital channel of 38.

Anybody else in the Houston area able to lock in or even detect this signal?

Hopfully this is the beginning of digital TV service for the local WB affiliate.

· Welcome to Torchwood
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI, as of tonight, I can lock onto this channel and WB 39 programming is available. Houston viewers, reprogram your receivers for this channel!

I just have to verify that HD programming when it is supposed to be available (Smallville & Everwood).

· Welcome to Torchwood
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by fv3
I have not personally verified this, but I am hearing rumors (and TitanTV actually shows it) that KFTH-DT (Telefutura, a Spanish language network) is up on channel 38. (Their analog is 67.)

If so, that means there are now 8 digital stations in Houston, with 9 to come.

One, KNWS (HSN, analog 51, digital 52) is supposed to be up by 15 November.

KETH (TBN, analog 14, digital 24) and KZJL (SAH?, analog 61, digital 44) are supposed to be up 1 May 2003.

KLTJ (Daystar, analog 22, digital 23), KTMD (Telemundo, analog 48, digital 47), KPXB (PAX, analog 49, digital 5), and KTBU (Ind., analog 55, digital 42) are all "under review".

KXLN (Univision, analog 45, digital 47) has allegedly received an extension.

That leaves KAZH (Azteca, analog 57, digital 41). TitanTV does not even list the digital station in the "coming soon" section.

So 8 done, 9 to go....
Ch. 38 is KHWB (Houston WB affiliate). Watch Smallville in HD on it this week and it was in english :lol: .

For Houston area channel asignments, check out http://100kwatts.tmi.net/tv/HOU.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.