DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
This is a great idea. I do this at my job for Wireless/GPRS/WiFi connectivity. I would gladly participate in this kind of testing for the HR20 software releases.

DaHound said:
It seems to me that there a a few software engineers on this forum, like myself, that use Test Cases to methodically test software using a list of tests, expected results and actual results reported.

Maybe D* or someone else could provide a test scenario something like this:

Test Step Expected Result Actual Result
(If failed,provide info)

1 Press Guide on Remote Guide Menu Pops Up Menu Popped Up
2 Select All Channels Guide Shows All Channels All Channels Appeared
3 Schedule HD OTA Record Recording Works Blew Up. Only 30 mins recorded.

This way there would be some structured testing and not a bunch of random chance errors showing up. These are good, but for feedback to the programmers at D* this would go a long way.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I think DaHound was saying that since we are more or less Beta testing when we force these release why don;t they go full out and give us the same testing scereios to test for them

laxcoach said:
I think there are two problems with this scenario:

1 - I bet D* has test cases that they are running and must pass, and they are probably more detailed than we will create.

2 - Most of the bugs that people encounter are not reproducible with a step by step process. The ones that are get fixed in 1 or 2 releases. If they were reproducible, D* would create test cases to fix them.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Maybe Earl should pick 5-10 people to start (if this would even be allowed) and then if it works out and D8 is happy with the feedback he could add 10-20 more for the next time.

Add a poll to see who would even be interested :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.