Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and vice versa.

I'm before new, but I've been reading threads for 6-8 weeks. Tho I heard a lot of "clumsy, deficient, and sluggish" about UTV's user interface in 2001, it seems that 3.5 is lifting some bootstraps lately.

Also I assume it's Microsoft that's pouring in considerable money to promote a complete system such as Sony 2-PVR + 2-KB + dish + switch + kit all for $00.

So I hope MS will follow through with strong and sustained system development to broaden their user base. But if they don't get dominance...

and I then want to move my subscription in a year or two I don't want 2 powerful doorstops on my hands.

I can't imagine that a software conversion of some kind on that almighty Linux platform could not retrofit our UTV's to receive DirecTiVo signals in some fashion. :confused:

Aren't these units mechanically common in their key functions?
Dishplayers still run on Dishnet, after all.

G

·
Can you point me to a dealer who has the "complete system such as Sony 2-PVR + 2-KB + dish + switch + kit all for $00."

I'm interested in installing a 3-receiver setup with one receiver being either a Tivo or a UTV. Also, any chance that a package like this would also include a UHF remote?

TIA,
SteveK

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unregistered SteveK,

www.AmericanSatellite.com just removed several configurations last night from their website.

See also www.minidishes.tv for that 2-Sony SAT-W60 system at $00 [seems to be the last source, prices going up?]
I can find almost no RCA product in eBay or elsewhere, bowing out?

and

http://OrbitSat.com for a few Sony.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.