DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
The dish will feed to a splitter. One line from the splitter will go to a power inserter that will power the dish. Depending on the installer, he may choose to run a line from the power inserter to a receiver, or run a separate line for the power inserter. Both are ok.

One coax line will go to each receiver. Cat 5 will not be used.
You should contact DIRECTV and request an RVU install, so the installer will bring everything he needs.

With an RVU install, the installer runs a coax line to the TV then uses an adapter called a DECA to translate that to a short ethernet run.

All the boxes can play recorded content from the HR34, but the RVU TV will only see the HR34 and not the HR24. The HR24 and regular receiver will see everything.

As for 5.1... I think so but I honestly don't know. The Samsung TVs support HDMI-ARC so if your AV receiver does as well you could feed that in and it would probably work. The AV Receiver in the same room as my Samsung TV does not support HDMI-ARC and the Samsung TVs only put out 2.0 audio over their digital audio out.

Did I get everything?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I would love to be able to confirm that... the manual for my TV says that the optical out will only do 2.0 but it doesn't give that limitation for HDMI-ARC. My research shows this was a problem with some of the 2010 TVs but I've found nothing to say it's a problem with the 2011 (D-Series) TVs.

As I said my AV receiver doesn't support HDMI-ARC :(

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
There might be a display on your AVR that says it's receiving 5.1 or it's not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.