DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL

I want to add a 2nd Dish to my setup at present I have a dish with with 4 LNB's 118,110,129 and 119 a DP44 switch going to a 211 and a 322 the 211 is my main reciever i want to add a 4th LNB attatched to another dish how can i do that...thanks

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
what location are you trying to pick up with a 5th lnb? (as of now, i don't think the receivers are progarmmed to read a 5th location, but i can find out for sure)

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
DishPro receivers can view up to 5 slots (see http://www.dishuser.org/swconfig.php). You already have the DPP44 (there is no DP44), put a DP Dual or Single on the other dish. Run a line from the DPP44 to input 1 of a DP21, input 2 will come from the other dish. Run the output to the 211.

If this is for the 322, you will no longer be able to use the Separator, and will need to get a second DP21 for the sat2 input just like sat1, coming from another output of the DPP44 and the other side of the Dual.

If this is for both receivers, you will need a third DP21 and a splitter (I don't know the proper type) for one of the Dual's outputs. You can't have 1 line to the 211 and 1 to the 322 because both inputs of dual-tuner receivers must have the same LNB/switch configuration.

What channels are you wanting to add? If this is to add 61.5° because of 129° you might be better served by getting the dish peaked better.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,579 Posts
BobaBird said:
If this is to add 61.5° because of 129° you might be better served by getting the dish peaked better.
Or wait a few months until Ciel 2 replaces Echostar 5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.