DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am New to hopper (moved from Directv).
I want to install dlna drives so that I can use the hopper.
I have four USB 2 tb hard drives. I am unfamiliar with dlna devices.
Can some one suggest appropriate dlna devices so that I can access and watch my movies with my hopper?
One person had complained that his hopper is not seeing his dlna devices
Thank you.

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
DLNA is a way to view media over a network connection. You wouldn't (at least directly) watch them on a USB hard drive. You'd have to put them on a computer and use something like PlayOn to view them.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying that the hopper cannot display .iso files from a hard drive visitble on the network?

My question was: "Can some one suggest appropriate dlna devices so that I can access and watch my movies with my hopper?"

I am trying to find a dlna device which would make my hard drive visitble to the hopper, so that I can watch with my hopper!

btw, my dard drives have .iso files

· Hall Of Fame
2,396 Posts
milwaukee111 said:
thanks for clarification mdavej but are you sure wd live plays iso files. I think I bought one, sent it overseas and found out that it does not play .iso files. I had to buy an Asus media player
Yes it does, but it doesn't support DVD menus. Asus does support DVD menus, so that's a better choice. I simply posted the first iso streamer that came to mind.

· Godfather
352 Posts
I use a Synology NAS device with all my videos in a MPEG4 format. Works fine.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.