DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,

I have a Bell Express Vu 3100 Series satellite dish for my tv, and where the dish is pointing, it always get's snow on it, and as everyone can picture that it makes it hard to watch a tv programme... So what I would love to know is how can I make a heating coyal to put on the back of the dish, where it keeps the snow off of the dish when we get snow? And I would also like to know on where can I go to find something like this at? I live in surrey, birtish Columbia, canada to make it easyer for people to send me information...

If anyone can please help me out with this that would be great, please reply back with full detailed information on how to make this, and also if it is possible pictures as well..

Thanks :confused: :)
 

· Icon
Joined
·
625 Posts
Try a Goggle seach for dish heaters, you should find plenty info on where to buy one.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve H said:
Try a Goggle seach for dish heaters, you should find plenty info on where to buy one.
Thanks, this has been very much helpful?!!

Say I had an idea that I would like to pass to your way if possible...

Is it possible to have 2 different tv Systems ie: bell express Vu & Shaw digital for your tv? I thought of this one day? Can this be done?

Thanks
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
16 Posts
Bellexpressvu27 said:
Hi there everyone,

I have a Bell Express Vu 3100 Series satellite dish for my tv, and where the dish is pointing, it always get's snow on it, and as everyone can picture that it makes it hard to watch a tv programme... So what I would love to know is how can I make a heating coyal to put on the back of the dish, where it keeps the snow off of the dish when we get snow? And I would also like to know on where can I go to find something like this at? I live in surrey, birtish Columbia, canada to make it easyer for people to send me information...

If anyone can please help me out with this that would be great, please reply back with full detailed information on how to make this, and also if it is possible pictures as well..

Thanks :confused: :)
Just thinking off the top of my head and don't really know if this would work, but get some heat tape like they use on water pipes and use it on the back of the dish and run a electric cord to it.

Living in Denver never had a problem with direct or dish but once when we got over 3 feet of snow and I have my dish mounted down low, I just hit it with a broom and went back inside to watch tv till the snow stop and we could dig out. :lol:

Hope this helps,
 

· New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DougRuss:

Thanks, I think that's what I'm looking for. I'm now trying to find these items in a store. in surrey, birtish Columbia, Canada.. retail stores..
if you have any more helpful idea's or stuff like that please reply back or e-mail me.. back at [email protected]

Thanks again,
 

· Legend
Joined
·
233 Posts
Have you tried some boyaling water? If nothing else it will rinse the soyal off the dish which may help reception. Just don't toyal at it so long that you get royaled. In the end you may be foyaled but that's life. And a little 3-in-1 oyal on the bolts keeps them from rust welding.

Bellexpressvu27 said:
Hi there everyone,

I have a Bell Express Vu 3100 Series satellite dish for my tv, and where the dish is pointing, it always get's snow on it, and as everyone can picture that it makes it hard to watch a tv programme... So what I would love to know is how can I make a heating coyal to put on the back of the dish, where it keeps the snow off of the dish when we get snow? And I would also like to know on where can I go to find something like this at? I live in surrey, birtish Columbia, canada to make it easyer for people to send me information...

If anyone can please help me out with this that would be great, please reply back with full detailed information on how to make this, and also if it is possible pictures as well..

Thanks :confused: :)
 

· Legend
Joined
·
106 Posts
Bellexpressvu27 said:
DougRuss:

Thanks, I think that's what I'm looking for. I'm now trying to find these items in a store. in surrey, birtish Columbia, Canada.. retail stores..
if you have any more helpful idea's or stuff like that please reply back or e-mail me.. back at [email protected]

Thanks again,
You could give them a call and see if there are any Dealers near you?

http://www.icezapper.com/
 

· Legend
Joined
·
171 Posts
You can find heat tape for water pipes and any home improvement store or RV store, most come with a thermostat so it only comes on when the tempature gets down near freezing. I would mount it around the parimeter and around the mounting plate on the back of the dish. That should provide enough heat to keep snow and ice off.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
450 Posts
Shellback X 23 said:
You can find heat tape for water pipes and any home improvement store or RV store, most come with a thermostat so it only comes on when the tempature gets down near freezing. I would mount it around the parimeter and around the mounting plate on the back of the dish. That should provide enough heat to keep snow and ice off.
Commercial dishes with de-icers also have foam insulation sprayed on the back of the dish.
 

· Icon/Supporter
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
(Denver)
My problem is usually wet/heavy snow on the LNB arm until it piles high enough to cover the LNB.

I'd have to heat the arm as well as the dish.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
BobS said:
Have you tried some boyaling water? If nothing else it will rinse the soyal off the dish which may help reception. Just don't toyal at it so long that you get royaled. In the end you may be foyaled but that's life. And a little 3-in-1 oyal on the bolts keeps them from rust welding.
Here I am at 6AM local time trying to keep from laughing so loud that I wake up my family! Funny!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top